FlySleepCruise pkg in San Francisco

Char

We are not going to get in to San Francisco in time to do any sightseeing the day before our cruise, so we are looking at the FlySleepCruise package at the LaQuinta Inn close to the airport. They include shuttles from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port for a room price of $115 plus tax. (up to 4 people in a room) Has anyone used this hotel or service in San Franscisco?

We don't feel it's worth it to pay out bigger bucks for a Fisherman's Wharf hotel when we won't be arriving in time to enjoy the atmosphere. Plus the shuttle from the airport would cost a lot more doing it independantly. Just need a clean place to sleep and a ride to the pier!

Thanks much!

Hi, I live in LA but my sister and family live in San Francisco, Have not used the hotel you are talking about. Just wanted to mention that many , many times my sister or her family members have had delays going to or coming from the San Francisco Airport, it has a tendency to get fogged in and then the flights are delayed ( happened to me for 8 hours once, and also my daughter as well). So be sure to allow your self enough time coming into the San Francisco Airport , doesn't pay to cut it close. We don't use that airport any longer we go into and out of Oakland airport in the bay area, just to avoid the delay problem. Don't mean to rain on your parade , just thought you should know. Hope it all goes well and that you have a great cruisel.

Cori

Thanks Cori. We are using frequent flyer miles and the only schedule available from where we live arrives in the late afternoon, so I think we'll be there in plenty of time for the cruise the next day even if we experience some fog. I just wish we could have gotten in earlier in the day so we could do a bit of sightseeing. We've been in San Francisco before and really enjoyed it.

Char

We live about 20 miles south of SFO. Late afternoon arrival won't be a problem with the fog it's usually landable (is this a word? LOL) by mid-morning with the exception once or twice a year with late burn off. It's the very early flights in and out that are always effected.

Since the ship will be docked right in Fisherman's Wharf you can always check in early and then get off and explore if you desire. Obviously there's nothing around the airport of note but if it's just a sleep who cares. $115 for the room and transfers is a great price. A cab from airport to pier would run you about $60-$70 w/tip.

Have a great trip.

I would agree that, since you're getting in late and only need a place for the evening, you're deal is a good one. If you don't have too much luggage and want to get back to SFO from the port cheaply, hail a cab at the pier and tell them to drop you off at Embarcadero BART........should be about $7. Take BART to the airport. They have a website if you're interested.........search for Bay Area Rapid Transit. I'm not sure how much a taxi or a transfer would cost, although one of the posters said a cab could be $60! I recently saw my parents off at the port of SF for their Princess cruise. It is right by Pier 39 so, like another poster stated, you can drop off your luggage and easily explore for a couple of hours. Have a great cruise.

Archived