Sandpiper Motel in Galveston ??? ONE Night HELP!!!

vannwec

I can get 4 rooms at the Sandpiper for one night before the cruise for $100 per room. I know amenities are basic and I can deal with that, but what about a TV? If anyone knows anything about the place, please share. Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We just stayed at Beachfront Best Western for 69.95. It included a good contential breakfast & they allow you to keep your car there for no charge if you need to. They will call for a cab or van to transport you to the pier & the fees are reasonable for transport. After we came back we stayed at the Tremont on the Strand for 109.00 per night.

We stayed at the Harbor House before Christmas for around $100.

We were able to see the Grand (and two other cruise ships) come into port the next morning and we walked to the pier with our luggage to to check in on the Grand.

It was very convenient. The room was basic but comfortable and clean. My son had a rollaway and I've never seen such a plush mattress as what was on it. The continental breakfast was very basic and we ended up stopping at McDonald's when we took the rental car back to Enterprise that morning (then Enterprise took us back to the hotel for no charge).

We really enjoyed being able to see the ships come in. We were up at 0600 and I was in a jacket and my pj's standing outside. I could also see the ships from our window but I wanted to see them coming in, not docking.

There are several places to eat as well. We ate a Landry's Oyster Bar that was adjacent to Harbor House for lunch.

Archived