How often is half moon cay missed?

kimmiecruises

From the general comments here, HMC is missed 20-25% of the time. Knock on wood, we have made it there 4 out of 4 visits.

The Oasis isn't booked every time. It sounds like on Carnival you can book it in advance now. HAL allows early booking.

Thanks! Will hope for the best! I"ve really "talked it up" to the group, most of them 1st timers, I would hate to miss it!

I called Carnival and was told they haven't renewed the contract for the oasis for next year yet, so he can't check if it will even be a possibility, I can't imagine that it wouldn't, but maybe that's not uncommon. I'll just keep checking!

20-25% or the time? Really?

How did you determine that?

I wouldn't think that anyone other than HAL and Carnival would have that info.

Unless there are reviews posted after every sailing on every ship that is supposed to call there and you're keeping your own statistics!

I know it gets missed, but couldn't even begin to guess how often because I've never sat down and looked to see how many ships are scheduled. Sounds like an awful lot of work!

20-25% or the time? Really?

How did you determine that? This topic has been discussed many times. Over those discussions, this rate seemed to be the consensus. It is an estimate.

I wouldn't think that anyone other than HAL and Carnival would have that info. Quite possibly.

Unless there are reviews posted after every sailing on every ship that is supposed to call there and you're keeping your own statistics! Again, based on the comments people have made. I follow some points on these boards quite closely. This is one.

I know it gets missed, but couldn't even begin to guess how often because I've never sat down and looked to see how many ships are scheduled. Sounds like an awful lot of work!

I don't profess to be an expert. Just my observations.

I don't profess to be an expert. Just my observations.

Bruce is correct. The miss rate seems to be about 20%.

It is impossible to predict weather and tide conditions. Think of it this way, there is an 80% chance you will stop at HMC.

Has anyone ever ported at HMC and it was raining? What is there to do then?

Ships don't port at HMC, you are at anchor offshore and tendered to the island. If it's raining, you get wet or choose to stay on board.

Showers in The Bahamas seem to be very short lived. If it rains, the sun may be shining in a few hours.

80% sounds much more positive, I'll go with that! I know you can't predict weather, but I hope I didn't pick a "bad" time of year, I didn't have the time to research as much as I usually do, and had 20 people's schedules to consider, did check the temps and they were good.....

We'll have a great time no matter what, but it would be a disappointment.

We called at HMC last January on a really cool, windy day. The captain had to constantly maneuver the ship so that the tenders could operate in its lee. I think most people just got off, walked around a bit, had lunch, and reboarded. Princess canceled their call at Princess Cays for the same day. I wouldn't have advised anyone with ANY form of mobility problem to try it.

Archived