Back from Serenade of the Seas- Sailed Sept. 19, 2010!

angel258

Hello everyone,

I am back from sailing the lovely Serenade of the Seas and will be posting a review on the ship's review board later this week. This was my first cruise and I really enjoyed it but I will have to say it was quite tiring and I am very tired and sore today. I hope everyone who sailed with me had a great time.

If you have any questions ask away, I also have compasses so if you would like any information regarding shows or formal nights ask away.

We board the Serenade on Saturday. Why are you sore?

Hi Patty,

I went on a few excursions towards the end of the cruise...one with Bumpiing Tours and the other in St. Thomas which was a day sail. I think the hiking we did in Dominica with Bumpiing Tours in addition to attempting to snorkel and having a run in with coral has caused it. I bruise very easily as well. I am also not a swimmer so I'm sure that contributed to the use of muscles I don't normally use. I received some scrapes and cuts from possibly coral or rocks which didn't help as well.

any chance of the complete compass?? can you scan and email them?

waterbugmom@hotmail.com

Hi Waterbug,

I replied to your previous response on the Roll Call board. I will see if I can scan them later this week and I will post on this thread if or when that is done. I will definitely try to scan and email them to you.

I know that you were asking a lot of questions about luggage valet before your cruise. Any word on when/if they will be restarting the service?

How much walking is done on your tour with Bumpiing tours? I am booked with them in January. My mom will be on the tour too and she has a knee that gives her some trouble. Is there a lot of walking on steep ground?

Thanks! Glad you had a great cruise!

I know that you were asking a lot of questions about luggage valet before your cruise. Any word on when/if they will be restarting the service?

How much walking is done on your tour with Bumpiing tours? I am booked with them in January. My mom will be on the tour too and she has a knee that gives her some trouble. Is there a lot of walking on steep ground?

Thanks! Glad you had a great cruise!

I am not sure when the luggage valet service will be restored but once we returned to San Juan yesterday we took a tour with a bus that was outside of the port area for $25 which stored our bags and took us around OSJ and San Juan ,dropped us off for shopping in OSJ and then transported us to the airport. It was definitely worth the price to us and we made 3 stops to take pics near El Morro, the capitol and another site near a surfing beach.

The Roseau Wet Tour doesn't have a great deal of walking but there is much hiking once you arrive at the stop for Trafalgar Falls. You have to hike down to get to the warm sulphur springs and falls but there is an area where you can stop and wait before you arrive at the falls so if your Mom felt that it would be too much for her she could maybe rest there for a bit. Levi was very helpful with helping our group with the hike and he advised of slippery areas where one needed to be very careful.

Can you give us an opinion on the entertainment?? I emailed rci about our lineup and was not impressed.

IMO, the entertainment was good to really good based on the shows we attended.

The opening show with The Movie Man was mediocre and pretty obnoxious and the Royal Caribbean dancers were subpar.

The Love and Marriage Show was good but of course personality makes this one shine.

The show that features Tribute who performs as a tribute to the Temptations was very good and I highly recommend that one.

The male group Mosaic is also one not to miss...this show was GREAT!

The 70s dance show in the centrum was good and many guests danced with the performers and later after party was held in the Vortex with another quick perfromance with dancers.

Quest was crazy but it became a bit out there for me and I was quite exhausted so I left after 15 mins.

I also heard from some guests we met yesterday prior to debarkation that the comedian was funny as well though we didn't attend that show either.

We didn't attend every show since port days were tough and if you had second seat dining most shows occurred at 7 prior to dinner. That is also something to consider since you may be quite tired after being out all day and may not make every pre-dinner show.

Sorry to be a pain, but can I too be included in the email of the Cruise Compass?

I am trying to convince my brother and sister-in-law to join us and thought if I showed them everything a cruise offers they would be more receptive!

My email is Spoiled_liz@yahoo.com.

Sure...not a problem at all.....

Angel,

Thanks so much for the compasses. I received the email with all the attachments but for some reason, compass #1 is day 7. And then again #7 is day seven. I am missing day one. I remember doing this for someone last year and know it can get very confusing doing all the pages. Is there a chance you could re send day one. Did anyone else receive theirs??

Angel,

Thanks so much for the compasses. I received the email with all the attachments but for some reason, compass #1 is day 7. And then again #7 is day seven. I am missing day one. I remember doing this for someone last year and know it can get very confusing doing all the pages. Is there a chance you could re send day one. Did anyone else receive theirs??

I received mine from Angela (THANKS AGAIN!!!!).

But mine also had the same Day 7 but labeled Day 1....

Hi i'd love a copy of the cruise compass, thx! my email is townson@talkwireless.ca Was Dennis still the cruise director, any interesting entertainment staff?

Glad you enjoyed your first cruise, it is very addictive, I am now on my 6th!

Triena

countdown.pl?image=vfin&name=luvmykidsluv2cruise&date=10-17-2010&text=&ship=Serenade of the Seas

Yes Dennis is still the Cruise Director and he is quite an interesting fella... there is one guy who was interesting with a very strong accent...if you see him which I'm sure you will you will know who I'm referencing....he is very slender.....Belle was another part of the staff whom I thought was interesting and did a great job with many of the activities such as the pool volleyball tournament and adult karaoke among many others.

I will email you the compasses shortly. I need to double check my files now since I have been told I have a duplicate or an error.

Archived