San Juan Piers and Hotel Aerial

Clubber

After reading through lots of posts about pier location, I decided to modify an aerial photo of Old San Juan. This is a work in progress and shows the Old San Juan Piers which are on the South side of Old San Juan as well as the Pan American Pier which is across the bay next to the small airport.

I'll add a few more hotel names as I get the time.

http://www.langland.org/graphics/sanjuan.gif

I realize your ariel picture is not meant for navigation but since you have put so much time in it you may want to show the hotel Milano one block south of your arrow. Hotel Milano is on Fortaleza St. not San Francisco St. Again, nice job on your site.

• 1 month later...

We are trying to book our hotel for San Juan but we were having a hard time trying to figure out if the hotel was REALLY across the street from the Pier for the carnival destiny or down the block. You map puts things into perspective.... thanks!

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the map and information. I know this is an old post, but it was EXTREMELY helpful in planning for our Southern Caribbean cruise in January 2006 from San Juan.

Theresa K

Great Map. It really helps. I am still trying to find a hotel... I can't believe the prices. :eek: I just want something clean, nice and close to the pier. We are going March 11, 06 on the Serenade. My travel agent dissuaded me from trying one of the small hotels and booked us at the Marriott Courtyard. I can cancel the Marriott at any time and will if I can find something nice for less. We are paying 274.00 for one night - this includes transfers to the ship.:eek: This was the LEAST expensive of the hotels she quoted. Everything else was 350-400. I have plenty of time so I plan to watch the net and try to come up with something cheaper!! Any suggestions would be appreciated.!

Love2Vacation-

We recently did the San Juan room search. Read enough good things about two hotels which you may be surprised are right around the $100/night range for a double/double:

1. Hotel Milano (www.hotelmilanopr.com may require a two-night min. stay)

2. El Canario Hotels (three to choose from www.canariohotels.com)

Of course, you're not getting the full resort treatment, but as you say in your post ... something clean, nice and close to the pier. The Milano is really close to the pier (unless it's the Pan American Pier). The Canario Hotels are in the Condado, so a little farther away (see the El Canario thread just above this one).

We're staying at El Canario by the Sea at the end of June. So, mid-July, I'll post my experience. We chose it over the Milano because they weren't willing to reserve three rooms for our group for just one night's stay. They were willing to do one room, but not three. Canario was accommodating, though.

Good luck. There are other choices to suit your wishes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice map! Thanks so much!!

Question...checking on the San Juan Marriott. Their location map shows it differently....they pinpoint it, north of the Sheraton Old San Juan. Any idea which is correct?

The map given us here is accurately labeled.

Archived