Confused about Allure balcony cabins...

ramidon1

I'm newly researching a spring break cruise (Mid March 2011) & I apologize if this has already been answered over & over, but after a quick search of cabin types & availability & reviews, I am not clear on the balcony types on the Allure...sounds like some of the "boardwalk balconies" also have an ocean view.... do any of the central park balconies offer any ocean view? I'd kinda like both if possible...sounds awesome! any recommended balcony cabin types/areas to get the combo view?

Similar to the Oasis, I do not think a Park Place balcony has any chance to see the ocean. A boardwalk balcony probably can if you lean way out and look to the rear of the ship, might see some ocean beyond the theater. A higher up boardwalk balcony, especially those closer to the rear, also allow a peek at the ocean. The boardwalk balconies at the very rear have the best chance to see some water.

No central park balconies offer an ocean view! Only a view of central park, and the balconies on the other side of central park looking back at you. The boardwalk balconies are somewhat similar....you can see the balconies across the way, on the other side of the ship. But, with the boardwalk balconies, you can see the ocean by looking toward the back of the ship. Not a direct ocean view, but you can see the ocean, partially. Of course, there are always the "ocean view" balconies, which offer a complete ocean view...these are categories D1 thru D8. Just sailed the Allure last week....she's an absolute beauty!

I'm newly researching a spring break cruise (Mid March 2011) & I apologize if this has already been answered over & over, but after a quick search of cabin types & availability & reviews, I am not clear on the balcony types on the Allure...sounds like some of the "boardwalk balconies" also have an ocean view.... do any of the central park balconies offer any ocean view? I'd kinda like both if possible...sounds awesome! any recommended balcony cabin types/areas to get the combo view?

The Central Park balcony provides a view only of Central Park. You see no water.

The Boardwalk balcony provides a view of the Boardwalk. Since the Boardwalk is located in the aft of the ship, you are able to see the water out of the back since the design of the ship is open at the back. It isn't exactly like having a balcony with the view of the water, yet you can see the water. It is a very unique balcony situation, however.

Hope this is helpful.

Hello....we stayed in a Boardwalk Balcony 12th Deck and LOVED it. The Central Park Balconies do not have a view of the sea...Boardwalks do!!! We were 4 cabins from the end of the hall. We had a great view of the aft stage, the rock climbing, the zip line, AND the Ocean. There is more to this but you must get an aft Boardwalk Cabin. You see there is a little secret I'm not sharing but would be germane to this discussion.

Oh...you also get to see all the doins down below. While I love seeing the ocean go by, I get tired of that. Sitting on my Boardwalk Balcony, I got to see lots of things...like Jenny McCarthy doing Karate with an oversized Panda..)

Go to this thread to see the balcony view:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1333564

also, go to youtube, do a search for Oasis of the Seas B1 Balcony View and see the Travelguy video on a view from room 9325 (if I remember correctly)

we never would have thought to book one of these rooms, as I love the ocean balcony, but, after talking to a RCI rep at a local cruise show, were turned onto these rooms. Did our research, and took this option over a Junior Suit. the views, overlooking the Aquatheater, and the ambiance of being over the Boardwalk, heck I will try anything once. This is something that can only be done on the Oasis class ships - and I like the unique experience.

When booking, not all the rooms came up as a selection. pull up the floor plans, know the rooms in the back of the boat and keep searching till you get to the very back. do not take deck 14 from what I have read. Take the middle run, 9-12 is rumored to be good. further back the better.

Hope this helped, enjoy!

Thanks everyone for the great info; the photo referral was awesome...have not been able to check youtube yet tho...my husband is really hung up on an ocean balcony but I don't see how he could possibly be disappointed in a view like that! Wow, what a unique experience!

Archived