B1 balcony?Ocean/Boardwalk

hollon

We´ve been in 12309 and were able to see a bit of the ocean - especially when you are close to the balcony rails. Nice location if you want action. Our cabin was two deck and one cabin right to the zip line landing. The caroussell bell is pretty loud. But when you close the door you hardly hear anything. We had some nice workers at 5 am who thought it´s a great idea to hose the Boardwalk and Sports Deck. That was way too loud for us.

steamboats

I think if you want to see the sea it would be safer to go for an Ocean view balcony. I agree with Steamboats, I think the boardwalk would be noisy in the evening. You will have Johnny Rockets below you, Rita's Cantina as well as people screaming all day on the zip line. You'd probably get a good view of the Aqua theatre mind you.

I personally would not want a cabin there, I'd go for the sea every time but if not the view over Central Park is very tranquil, I had a look at a balcony cabin there when we did our cabin tour.

Thanks, right now I have a central park view room (no balcony) but has 199 sq ft, which is good to us, because we usually get inside cabins. My TA suggested B1, that's why I was asking, but I agree the ocean is much calmer. Thx

Can you see ocean and boardwalk from a category B1 balcony, my TA says you can, but I want to get some opinions from CC? Is it worth it, how much of the water can you see - good location? Thanks

I took these photos from cabin 10729 on Oasis. We had an amazing view from our B1 cabin! I'd book it again in a heartbeat! In fact, I DID book it again! :D We were in the last B1 cabin on the back of the ship, but the view would be just as amazing from any of the balconies from about the last 1/3 of the boardwalk and back.

2233447930036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

2615148040036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

2872959330036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

[/url]2318455960036355651S600x600Q85.jpg

I agree with Bonnie..great pics by the way :) I had cabin 10321 which is 5 from the aft and would not hesitate to book this type of balcony again. We did not experience noise that disturbed us, we had great views of the shows and the ocean. Just a unique cabin to have on a unique ship. I will save my ocean view balconies (aft preference) to the other RCI ships. :) For us it was a good decision.

I plan on booking this type cabin on Allure for later this year. This is one of my favourite shots from the balcony in port in Labadee.

P1030885.JPG

Just adding my 2 cents. We had a B-1 balcony (3 from the end) on Oasis and loved it. We loved it so much we have a B-1 balcony (2nd from end) for our upcoming Allure cruise in May. Tried to get the end balcony but the go so darn quick :-(.

IMHO, you get the best of both worlds with the B-1. You get your beautiful ocean view + you get to view the aqua show from your private box above the action :-) + you get a great view of all the activity on the boardwalk. Doesn't get much better than that.

Don't worry about the noise. If the balcony door is closed the noise is VERY minimal, if audible at all.

Steve

Just adding my 2 cents. We had a B-1 balcony (3 from the end) on Oasis and loved it. We loved it so much we have a B-1 balcony (2nd from end) for our upcoming Allure cruise in May. Tried to get the end balcony but the go so darn quick :-(.

IMHO, you get the best of both worlds with the B-1. You get your beautiful ocean view + you get to view the aqua show from your private box above the action :-) + you get a great view of all the activity on the boardwalk. Doesn't get much better than that.

Don't worry about the noise. If the balcony door is closed the noise is VERY minimal, if audible at all.

Steve

Which cabin were you in and what level? Thanks!

We were on the top deck of Oasis , port side, and I think the room was 325 or 327. It was the 3rd room in from the end. Also a great view of the people as they start their zip line adventure as the start point is right outside your view about 20 yards away.

We just had 8713 and 8711 on the Allure and LOVED them and the location (we were in the middle of the boardwalk balconies so between the bar and the carousel and could see the ocean and everything going on below - we were the closest deck of boardwalk balconies to to the boardwalk and had a great time people watching, watching the aqua theater shows and practice for the shows and we were only 2 decks up from the boardwalk, on the level with Central park and felt we were at a great location. We also had them open the balcony door between our balconies so we could spread out. Honestly the boardwalk and our boardwalk balcony were one of our favorite things about the ship (I'll write up my review soon) and I'll miss the boardwalk area on other ships and Rita's :) On this class ship it is a balcony that is unique and worth the experience and I agree the noise is minimal when the door is locked. And when you could hear the music pick up we always ran out to check what was going on, we enjoyed being in on the action without being in the action. You do though need to make sure to remember about closing the curtains if you are changing :)

Thank you for the fantastic pics from the balconies. DW and I will be in cabin 11327 in November and i can't wait. I almost showed her those pictures before remembering she thinks we have an inside room. Surprising her with the balcony. :D

Bill

Archived