Enchantment of the Seas - sewer smell?

This is a "ship" thing....sometimes, it happens; sometimes it doesn't. It's not relegated to only 1 ship, or only 1 area.

If it should happen in your cabin, pour water down the floor/shower drain, and keep your sink drain plugged. If that doesn't help, call maintainence....sometimes it's clogged pipe.

Generally, if it happens, it's fairly fleeting. There's really no predicting it. Just because it happened to one cabin, doesn't mean it will still be a problem in a week!

This is my second cruise and DH first cruise. I know the ship has some problems with it last and current sailings, it happens ... but if it smells like sewage my poor DH will never sail again :(

Thanks for your post, I'll try to remember that if it happens.

This has happened to me on every cruise ship I have sailed on regardless of which cruise line. It's been rare that I smelled it in my room but I've noticed it around the ship many times.

I'm still cruising though! Not important enough to ruin my cruise.

I agree with most, you tend to smell it at some point on the cruise regardless which cruise line or ship you're on. I never had an issue in my room (8032) but caught a breeze of it walking on the lower decks outside.

What do people expect? You have thousands of people going #2 everyday and it doesn't get dumped in the ocean. I'm personally surprised it doesn't sink more than it does!

Hopefully we won't experience it. We are deck four mid ship on starboard so maybe we'll luck out. otherwise we'll pack a tent and camp out on deck lol

We were on deck four, starboard, a bit more forward than you (near the forward elevators) for the 1/29 sailing and didn't have a problem. We noticed the smell most around the gangway sometimes and occasionally when outside on deck five port.

Archived