Sydney Hotel Recommendation - OPT View?

The Quay West Suites at Circular Quay, and The Four Seasons Hotel in George St, but you would have to specify a room with the view of the OPT.

The Shangri-La may have rooms with views of the OPT - I don't know for sure as I haven't stayed there but the YHA The Rocks is just along from the Shang and I believe it has views.

Depends how much you want to pay $$$$

and what view you want to get from your room.

The Hotel we use for the OPT is the Holiday Inn at the Rocks, Old Sydney.

Location, Location, Location.

Yes its a bit tired,

and Yes you have to go to the roof to get the view,

but theres a pool up there,

and if you are boarding at the OPT

you just trundle the bags over.

Sweet as.

Yes its a bit tired,

Sweet as.

----------------

We stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Rocks last December, and we found it to be excellent for our needs. Once again, thank you for your recommendation David.

Agreed, it is tired. But it was clean , comfortable, friendly, and served a great breakfast which included a DIY juice machine with a good selection of fresh fruit and veg, including fresh ginger. Yum.

It was very easy to wheel our cases to the ship.

Thank you everyone for your recommendations, much appreciated! :)

Lucky, a harbour view room at the Shangri La looks straight down onto the OPT...Its actually better to stay there before rather than after, as we had the displeasure of watching Rhapsody set sail again that night with a new ship load full of passengers...We saw everyone on deck doing muster and it made us so jealous:)

The Sydney Harbour Marriot has a full view of the terminal, but not of the quay which is blocked, so you can only partially see ships that are berthed.

We stayed there last July and had such a room with a good view of the harbour area that included the OPT but not Circular Quay.

But the room was hard to book because such rooms are very popular. Also plan on an uptick in the rate.

The Quay West Suites at Circular Quay, and The Four Seasons Hotel in George St, but you would have to specify a room with the view of the OPT.

The Shangri-La may have rooms with views of the OPT - I don't know for sure as I haven't stayed there but the YHA The Rocks is just along from the Shang and I believe it has views.

Lucky, a harbour view room at the Shangri La looks straight down onto the OPT...Its actually better to stay there before rather than after, as we had the displeasure of watching Rhapsody set sail again that night with a new ship load full of passengers...We saw everyone on deck doing muster and it made us so jealous:)

We stayed there last July and had such a room with a good view of the harbour area that included the OPT but not Circular Quay.

But the room was hard to book because such rooms are very popular. Also plan on an uptick in the rate.

Thank you for suggesting the Shangri La, Sydney.

Cazz - I have had a look at their website for Harbour View rooms, and there appears to be a large variety! Do you mind if I ask what type of room you stayed at? While I am interested in booking a room with a view of the OPT, I am not too fussed on the rest of the room as it will only be the one night. I am thinking maybe the Deluxe Grand Harbour View might be the room with the view of the OPT?

The options on their website are:

Deluxe Opera House City View Room

Deluxe Darling Harbour View Room

Executive Darling Harbour View Room

Executive Opera House City View Room

Executive Grand Harbour View Room

Deluxe Grand Harbour View Room

Premier Grand Harbour View Room

Thanks for your help! :)

Thank you for suggesting the Shangri La, Sydney.

Cazz - I have had a look at their website for Harbour View rooms, and there appears to be a large variety! Do you mind if I ask what type of room you stayed at? While I am interested in booking a room with a view of the OPT, I am not too fussed on the rest of the room as it will only be the one night. I am thinking maybe the Deluxe Grand Harbour View might be the room with the view of the OPT?

The options on their website are:

Deluxe Opera House City View Room

Deluxe Darling Harbour View Room

Executive Darling Harbour View Room

Executive Opera House City View Room

Executive Grand Harbour View Room

Deluxe Grand Harbour View Room

Premier Grand Harbour View Room

Thanks for your help! :)

We had a Deluxe Grand Harbour View Room...request a high room as they do start around the 6th level..we had the 20th floor which was perfect. Also make sure you book via their website, i watched their site constantly for a couple of months before our cruise, and compared it with lastminute.com and wotif.com and the hotels site came through cheapest everytime...the other thing i did, was when i first booked the harbour view room was $470 a night, over the course of couple of weeks this rate went to $450 then $400, it was a pain in the neck but i just kept cancelling and rebooking the cheaper rate....Just because they give you a rate doesnt mean you have to lock it in..as nothing comes off your CC until you show up on the day...hope that helps!!! :)

Hi all

Don"t want to hijack this thread but I just booked a trip to Aus in two weeks! We will spend a few days in Sydney before heading north to visit my daughter and I have no idea where to stay! Don't need to be close to the docks but would like a nice central location for sightseeing. Any help much appreciated!

Thanks, Cathy

Yes its a bit tired,

Sweet as.

Have to agree with you David. After your recommendation we stayed there pre our Diamond trip in December and were very satisfied. Wouldn't hesitate to book in there again.

Have tried to find a hotel close to the Barangaroo terminal in Darling Harbour for our Circumnavigation on Dawn. It seems the closest is Ibis. Any comment?

Hi all

Don"t want to hijack this thread but I just booked a trip to Aus in two weeks! We will spend a few days in Sydney before heading north to visit my daughter and I have no idea where to stay! Don't need to be close to the docks but would like a nice central location for sightseeing. Any help much appreciated!

Thanks, Cathy

Hi Cathy

Lots and lots of places to stay in Sydney, but for balance I would have to recommend Darling Harbour

Lots of hotels, lots to see and do, and there is a monorail that links to the CBD...or you can walk there..no probs.

An alternative is to go to the suburbs..more particularly to the seaside. Plenty of places to stay at Bondi or Coogee on the Eastern/southside or across the harbour at North Sydney or even across to Manly

Whatever you do, enjoy Sydney

cheers

Have tried to find a hotel close to the Barangaroo terminal in Darling Harbour for our Circumnavigation on Dawn. It seems the closest is Ibis. Any comment?

Ibis isn't too bad, but it's on the other side. Four points Sheraton is about half the distance away. There are also some smaller hotels in the vicinity.

Archived