Sydney Hotels--Priceline?

Has anyone had experience booking hotels in Sydney through Priceline? I got a great deal in Ft. Lauderdale on Priceline using advice from CC friends, would like to try it again if it is a good option.

Interestingly, when I went in to Name Your Own Price, the average price for 5 star hotels came up as less than 4 star hotels! That makes me leery right there. Plus, there is only one 'City Centre' option, which seems like it is a big area and you could end up being just about anywhere. . .the only other option was airport are and I know I don't want to be there. This us for three nights in April.

Thanks,

Cathy

Has anyone had experience booking hotels in Sydney through Priceline? I got a great deal in Ft. Lauderdale on Priceline using advice from CC friends, would like to try it again if it is a good option.

Interestingly, when I went in to Name Your Own Price, the average price for 5 star hotels came up as less than 4 star hotels! That makes me leery right there. Plus, there is only one 'City Centre' option, which seems like it is a big area and you could end up being just about anywhere. . .the only other option was airport are and I know I don't want to be there. This us for three nights in April.

Thanks,

Cathy

http://www.sydney.com/Hotels_p3917.aspx?qt=TYPE%3aHOTEL&q=LOC:SYDNEY

Location is important in Sydney, as you can walk everywhere, or use the free city bus which loops around the city to Circular Quay (Overseas Passenger Terminal and local ferries).

This website will give you an idea of hotels in Sydney and their price. Once you select a location, you can email the hotel direct to see what special offers they have. Prices are all inclusive, with no extra taxes.

Cathy,

I have tried a few times without luck, and dont think it is as common these days but if you have a look at this thread http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/forums/117/Asia-South-Pacific-Hotels-all-other-cities this might help you .... another site which has "secret" hotels that you might look at (I have had no experience but....) is www.lastminute.com.au - good luck

Jane

http://www.sydney.com/hotels_p3917.aspx?qt=type%3ahotel&q=loc:sydney

location is important in sydney, as you can walk everywhere, or use the free city bus which loops around the city to circular quay (overseas passenger terminal and local ferries).

This website will give you an idea of hotels in sydney and their price. Once you select a location, you can email the hotel direct to see what special offers they have. Prices are all inclusive, with no extra taxes.

thank you very much!!!

Archived