Princess Captain's Cirle Magazine Autumn 2011

Just received my copy of the new Princess Cruises Captain's Circle magazine in the mail today and the lovely pic on the front cover is captioned "Coral Princess cruising the Panama Canal", but I'm 99.9% certain this is incorrect as I swear it's our own Pacific Dawn back when she was sailing as Regal Princess.

Does anyone else agree? In the photo, is that the "Bridge of the Americas" spanning the Panama Canal?

Just received my copy of the new Princess Cruises Captain's Circle magazine in the mail today and the lovely pic on the front cover is captioned "Coral Princess cruising the Panama Canal", but I'm 99.9% certain this is incorrect as I swear it's our own Pacific Dawn back when she was sailing as Regal Princess.

Does anyone else agree? In the photo, is that the "Bridge of the Americas" spanning the Panama Canal?

Mine arrived in the mail today.

I certainly do agree. As soon as I saw it I thought, that wasn't taken yesterday. Its Regal Princess, or her sister Crown, and she is passing under the new Centennial Bridge, which is further inland from the Bridge of the Americas.

here is the Centennial Bridge.

cent-bridge.jpg

and this is the Bridge of the Americas.

Puen.jpg

I always think it must have been built by the same people who built the Auckland Harbour Bridge as it looks just the same.:)

That magazine is an Australian only edition and I have noticed they do get a few things wrong.I was interested to see the article on the back page about Rui Pereria , Maitre d" on the Diamond Princess . He was on our cruise last year and was excellent. He seemed to be everywhere, and always turned up when an event was on.

Mine arrived in the mail today.

I certainly do agree. As soon as I saw it I thought, that wasn't taken yesterday. Its Regal Princess, or her sister Crown, and she is passing under the new Centennial Bridge, which is further inland from the Bridge of the Americas.

Thanks David. I'm sure it's Regal Princess, as Crown Princess left the fleet in 2002 and I did a bit more research that showed that the Centennial Bridge across the Panama Canal wasn't opened until August 2004. So the photo must have been taken somewhere between the end of 2004 and beginning of 2007 when she transferred from the Princess fleet to become P&O's Pacific Dawn. I wonder if it was taken during her repositioning voyage to Australia?

Archived