Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

careywv

Has anyone used these? I'm thinking of trying it for our cruise since the package states they last up to 10 days. I can never seem to keep my nail polish more than 2-3 days before it starts chipping. I was just wondering if they would last in the pool and salt water for the entire time.

http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips

Has anyone used these? I'm thinking of trying it for our cruise since the package states they last up to 10 days. I can never seem to keep my nail polish more than 2-3 days before it starts chipping. I was just wondering if they would last in the pool and salt water for the entire time.

http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips

Used and loved!

They sound like a good idea and you could always try them out beforehand. I would also wonder about how they hold up in water.

Lately, I've been using the quick dry polishes and just used Revlon. I just got 9-10 days out of the Revlon Top Speed with a Borghese base coat and a quick dry top coat. I take a tiny bottle of remover with me when on a cruise so if my nails chip, I can re-do them in no time. It lasts longer than my paid for manicures.

I have put them on my 8 year old daughter twice now (zebra print) they lasted close to the 10 days. They were easy to put on and they come with 16 so you have some extras if you need to replace any on your cruise.

Tanya

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How much do they cost and how long to put on? Are they pretty easy (I'm really bad at doing stuff like that!)??

Thinking this might be fun to try instead of doing Axxium or Shellac (probably cheaper too!).

I picked mine up at my local Wally World for $8.50 each set. Each box contains 16 strips If you are easy with them, one strip could cover 2 nails. They tear pretty easily and can tear at an awkward angle if you aren't careful. I think they are pretty easy to put on - just a little more time consuming than actually painting your nails.

The first time I put them on it took me around 30 minutes because I wanted to make sure they were perfect. This last time it took me around 15-20 minutes including using a top coat to seal it.

My nails did last around 9 days before showing any signs of wear/tear, and that was after hours spent in the pool, ocean, etc. I was very pleased with these results.

This picture was on day 7, and they still look good.

Cruise52.jpg

Just purchased these yesterday to put on for my grandson's wedding on Saturday. I'll be putting them on tomorrow & hope all goes well. Every time I have had a manicure, the polish starts peeling off by the next day. This may just be the product I need. After I get home from the wedding I'll give you an update. If they work well, then I will definitely use them next time I cruise.

I'm going for a pedicure tomorrow morning. Not sure what color I should have my toes done. The color I picked for my fingernails is a beige slightly shimmery color. The dress I'm wearing is black on top with a beige shimmery skirt. I am fair-skinned with blonde shoulder length hair. Any suggestions for toe color?

My 23 yr old DD has used these several times. They usually stay nice looking at least 2 weeks. She can get away with the animal prints, and they are very cute! She has a two year old, so she is pretty active with her hands.

Just purchased these yesterday to put on for my grandson's wedding on Saturday. I'll be putting them on tomorrow & hope all goes well. Every time I have had a manicure, the polish starts peeling off by the next day. This may just be the product I need. After I get home from the wedding I'll give you an update. If they work well, then I will definitely use them next time I cruise.

I'm going for a pedicure tomorrow morning. Not sure what color I should have my toes done. The color I picked for my fingernails is a beige slightly shimmery color. The dress I'm wearing is black on top with a beige shimmery skirt. I am fair-skinned with blonde shoulder length hair. Any suggestions for toe color?

I just tried them after reading this thread. Very easy to put on.

Kreeb - If you can't match a fingernail color I always love either the French pedicure, which always looks elegant or a true red.

I tried these the other day. I followed the directions and they were easy to put on and looked good. However, after a day they were chipping on the edges. I have decided to stay with OPI Axxium. It is the only thing I can keep on for two weeks.

After having Gelish done and within 5 days - 7 nails had chipped off I figured I would give these a shot. Boy was I glad I did! The gelish color that I had was a coral color (Passion) and since it was still on 3 fingers I went ahead and left it. I bought the zebra print salon effects to apply to the rest of my nails.

I made sure that I pushed my cuticle all the way back (did not remove it but did push it back) because this is where my gel polish BEGAN chipping. Because of the print, I was not too afraid of where the polish may tear or if a weird pattern may occur as that would only add to the print. I made sure that I was able to get the strips all the way under my nail to secure it before removing the excess. For the most part, I was able to get two nails out of each strip. The end result was super cute. I applied a coat of Diamond Shine top coat and the polish lasted me 12 days before any sign of chipping showed.

I also am a stay at home mom of two children - ages 4 and 5 - who are very active so my hands take a lot of abuse solely from playing with them. I am also a full time student and spend close to 6 hours a day on the computer. I have never been able to get that much time from a polish. It was great.

I will most certainly be purchasing these again. The only thing I did not like is that I had extra strips from the open container and when I went to use them a while later (a couple of weeks) they were dry and did not stick. The directions may have said something about this and I missed it - I am not sure; however, it was not enough to keep me from purchasing them again!

• 4 weeks later...

I've used these twice and each time they lasted a week. Even at 7 days they looked better than 2 day old nailpolish. The second time they looked better, probably because I remembered to clean my nails w/nailpolish remover before applying them and also because I had the technique down. I made sure to wrap the strip around the nail edge really well the 2nd time.

I found duracolour nailstrips by nailene at the dollar tree today-appears to be a similar product. They were a $1 btw;). Didn't try them yet but for a buck, I figured why not. I think they are discontinued by the company which is why they are at a dollar store but fyi if you are interested you may be able to find some in your area too. There are 36 strips in a pack.

Going for a gel mani next week, looking forward to trying that for the first time.

I've used these twice and each time they lasted a week. Even at 7 days they looked better than 2 day old nailpolish. The second time they looked better, probably because I remembered to clean my nails w/nailpolish remover before applying them and also because I had the technique down. I made sure to wrap the strip around the nail edge really well the 2nd time.

I found duracolour nailstrips by nailene at the dollar tree today-appears to be a similar product. They were a $1 btw;). Didn't try them yet but for a buck, I figured why not. I think they are discontinued by the company which is why they are at a dollar store but fyi if you are interested you may be able to find some in your area too. There are 36 strips in a pack.

Going for a gel mani next week, looking forward to trying that for the first time.

Thanks going to check that out. How can you loose :)

Cori

Archived