Fremantle - what is at the terminal

Hi all

Just wondering if there is a convenience store nearby to purchase odds and ends before embarking onto ship. We are flying in from Sydney and I want to minimise the weight in my bags and so would like to know if I can purchase a few things close to the terminal.

There is a Coles supermarket across the street from the cruise terminal. It is probably a 2-3 minute walk at the most. You can see the Coles sign from the ship. It is probably a 2-3 minute walk. We bought some Diet Coke. In most ports we visited there was a IGA or Coles within walking distance of the ship.

We just returned from a 35 day Australia/New Zealand cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas.

It is very handy from the ship. You just cross over on the railway bridge and you are practically there.

I think thats the one where we found the Liquorland next door to the Supermarket. Made it even handier..:D

Hi all

Just wondering if there is a convenience store nearby to purchase odds and ends before embarking onto ship. We are flying in from Sydney and I want to minimise the weight in my bags and so would like to know if I can purchase a few things close to the terminal.

so unless you have a wheelchair and can get across the railway tracks or bridge ya should be set :)

If you like to have a good coffee, head down to our cappucino strip, straight down from the railway station.Good pastries, gelato and anything that takes your fancy.Grew up in the best place in Western Australia, and still living here freo forever.Not the footy team though.

Have a great cruise.

Regards Frank.

There is a Coles supermarket across the street from the cruise terminal. It is probably a 2-3 minute walk at the most. You can see the Coles sign from the ship. It is probably a 2-3 minute walk. We bought some Diet Coke. In most ports we visited there was a IGA or Coles within walking distance of the ship.

We just returned from a 35 day Australia/New Zealand cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas.

Hi wwjd1947 how was this cruise, we are booked on the Radiance doing this itenarary next Feb- March, how was the weather and what were the seas like for this time of the year, we are really looking forward to it, any suggestions for things to do in ports would be appreciated. Robin :)

Robin, We had an absolutely wonderful 35 days on the Rhapsody. I did months of research on comparing ship tours to doing our own thing. We only ended up taking one ship tour to the Great Barrier Reef because that was our only option because of the number of hours we were in port. We rented cars in 6 ports prior to our arrival over the internet and did much of what the ship tour does at a fraction of the cost. The weather was ideal. The captain kept telling us that he had never seen such good weather on that itinerary. The crossings to New Zealand were very smooth and only rough going around the tip for 5-6 hours.

We were only rained out of one port, Akorara, which was a substitute for Christchurch. I will be glad to tell you what we did in the ports if you would like to email me at cindydabrowski@yahoo.com

Archived