How far is Drury Inn to Carnival ship?

Kitty34

Here's a suggestion to save a few bucks.

Cabs charge a flat rate of $7.00 per person to take you to the cruise terminal. One or two of you can take the cab with the luggage and the others walk. It really isn't a bad walk, as long as the weather is decent.

As the crow flies, it is very close, but the Convention Center is in the way, and that is about four blocks long. If you wanted to try walking, you would go to Julia Street, about five blocks toward Canal Street from the hotel.

Take a right on Julia Street to the cruise terminal. Go right along the roadway between the terminal building and the railroad tracks. You will be dodging some traffic, but it usually isn't bad. There are two boarding areas, depending on which ship you are boarding. One is right at Julia Street. The other is about two blocks away.

Thanx for responding. I couldn't figure out how big that Convention Center really is looking at maps. The hotel claims they are the closest to the port; some people have said we could walk; others have said no way. With your explanation, it's now easier to "visualize" the area. Thanx again. (I guess we could always use the tip you gave to Kitty34 about sending somebody with the taxi and luggage and having the rest walk.......)

PS...... Somebody mentioned walking the other way around the Convention Center....what do you think about that (we're going on the Conquest)?

That would be shorter, but you would be fighting a lot of car/bus traffic. The way I described is a little longer but a lot more pedestrian-friendly. Physically, it is an easy walk, and with the construction going on at the terminal, a lot faster than by cab. But, if you pack like my wife does, walking isn't practical.

So it's $7 per person to ride in a cab!? Yes, a couple of us can walk those 14 blocks, I hope! :)

JGmpuma, could I possibly hire a shuttle from the airport to take us to Drury Inn when we fly in? Also would that same shuttle pick us up from the ship a week later and take us back to the airport? I'm asking you since you live in New Orleans and sound like a wealth of knowledge!! :) (I didn't realize the cabs charged pp)

I'll give you the web site for the airport. Click on "ground transportation" and you can see what is availabale and what the cost would be. A cab would be the quickest way (shuttles wait until they are filled, and make stops on the way).

Your choice will depend on whether all of you plus luggage would fit in one cab.

http://www.flymsy.com

We are leaving on the Conquest tomorrow and I haven't started packing yet, so this will be my last chance to give you advice for a week or so.

Archived