Port Hedland

Cruising Radiance of the Seas in October and our call to Broome has been changed to Port Hedland because of tonnage restictions, besides tons on iron ore, what else is there to see?:confused:

Stevo

Cruising Radiance of the Seas in October and our call to Broome has been changed to Port Hedland because of tonnage restictions, besides tons on iron ore, what else is there to see?:confused:

Stevo

Nothing, it is a quite horrible place.

Sorry to sound negative, I have worked there on a few occasions and it has nothing going for it. I can't wait to fly out as soon as I get there.

I would ask for some money back, it sounds like an April fools joke if it wasn't the 16th.

Broome is great, I would rather they ran tenders there than go to Port Hedland.

Paul

Hi Stevo...I second Paul that there is not much doing there apart from iron ore and salt...I would rather be out at sea and sit through a cyclone than spend a day in Port Hedland lol..My suggestion stay on the boat or find a charter boat to take you fishing for the day if you like that sort of stuff...wow what a bummer as Broome is a top place..Probley cant run tenders to Broome because of the enormous tides I would suggest...anyway good luck on all that.

You would think you would be entitled to some sort of compensation i.e. such as on board credits ;)..not like the cruise company wouldn’t have known about the tonnage restrictions..if they were stopping in at Exmouth now that would be a heap better than Port Hedland..Cheers Muzza

It does seem a strange choice.

As far as I know theres not much to see there except the Iron Ore Industry and all thats associated with it.

If you do find any local tours it may pay to book them early, before the ships books them all out, or takes them over for the day.

I do not think the local tour folk would be geared up for catering to 2,000 plus people for the one day:eek:

When we did Round Australia on Dawn Princess , all the tours were booked out , for Broome and Exmouth , before the ship even sailed , and many were disappointed.

awesome, i'll take my camera and tripod.....:(

stevo

Sorry to spoil your plans, but you probably won't still be in town after dark when you can see the plant lit up. :D:D Don't worry, I don't think you are missing the eighth Wonder of the World. :D

lol...maybe if you set your camera up on the deck with a telephoto zoom you might get that shot of the sunset over Finucane Island and the awesome sight of the Bhp plant if you get that shot can you post it on here so we can all oggle at the amazing serenity and bewty of it all..will be a great shot to show the great grand kids one day :D...quite frankly I would rather shoot myself in the neck with an arrow or have a quick death like taking my space helmet off in space than visit the 8th wonder of the world which is Port Hedland :D

Sorry to spoil your plans, but you probably won't still be in town after dark when you can see the plant lit up. :D Don't worry, I don't think you are missing the eighth Wonder of the World. :D

lol...maybe if you set your camera up on the deck with a telephoto zoom you might get that shot of the sunset over Finucane Island and the awesome sight of the Bhp plant if you get that shot can you post it on here so we can all oggle at the amazing serenity and bewty of it all..will be a great shot to show the great grand kids one day :D...quite frankly I would rather shoot myself in the neck with an arrow or have a quick death like taking my space helmet off in space than visit the 8th wonder of the world which is Port Hedland :D

Well thats it then, i'm gonna cancel my cruise, i was looking forward to PH:p:p

Stevo

Hi again Stevo and anyone that maybe intrested in the tourist mecca of our beloved Port Hedland..I have found some ripper photo's of PH so as to save Stevo some leg work when he gets there :D..

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g261677-w2-Port_Hedland_Western_Australia.html

I like the one of the T.V on the fridge the best :cool:

If you wish me to continue no probs just say ;).. I am still trying to find some glowing reviews but thats proving near on impossible :)..lol

loved the piccies, that must be PH 5 star hotel??

With a name of Discobunny..............wasn't she in the wrong place??

That earthquake.....two things moved that day, the earth and trains

Still think the "No Shore tour Party" sounds good. We could do the "Conga" and pretend its our own Iron Ore Train:D

stevo

Just here to help Stevo :D...

Yeah dont know what Disco Bunny's gig is?? :confused:...sounds like she loves PH but lol

Maybe you can combine the Congo with the sunset shoot opportunity? Have the Congo Line congoing in front of your camera as the sun goes down with the BHP plant in the distance. Now I would love a photo of that? :D..

Maybe if you take a hand line you can fish of the back of the boat??

Ohh what I did fail to mention there is a lot of indiginous culture to be had even just walking down the street...might be worth keeping an eye out just for that?

Cheers Muzza

Ohh what I did fail to mention there is a lot of indiginous culture to be had even just walking down the street...might be worth keeping an eye out just for that?

Cheers Muzza

I think i get your drift:rolleyes:

stevo

Archived