Kid's Club & Bunk Bed Questions

spicyc30

Hi,

So my family is planning on taking a cruise on the Eclipse next Spring. My kids are 4 and 6, shy and very attached to each other. According to Celebrity,they will be placed in separate groups, 3-5 and 6-8. Are the play areas for the different groups in open settings? Or are they placed in different rooms? Will they be able to at least see each other? My husband and I are hoping to spend some alone time with each other.

Also regarding the beds... do all the cabins have bunk beds beside the twin beds that convert to King? If yes, I'm afraid of putting my six year old on top. He falls out bed occasionally. If not, when booking the cruise, would the travel agent be able to tell me if the room has a sleeper sofa or trundle?

You don't say what class of cabin you are considering, but I couldn't find any OV quads on the deck plans...This is what a quad setup would be in a verandah cabin. It appears the sofabed and upper are always by the balcony. The pull-out drawer beneath the couch is not a trundle, but where the bedding for the sofa is stored. If you think your 6y/o might still fall out, despite the railing, you could put the mattress on the floor next to the sofa...But that would block access to the verandah after they go to bed. EM

Eclipsequad1.jpgEclipsequad2.jpg

Hi, if Wikipedia is correct a US queen size is 60in wide, so in twin set up 30 inches - does anyone know how wide the sofa is? It looks a bit narrower than the beds in the photo.

Any adult ever slept on one? I heard they are pretty hard.

The fun factory is a large room that has half and three quarter walls dividing it. You can see or hear around the walls. Let the councilors know about your concerns and they will work with you.

I believe the area under the bed, can be made up as a bed. We've had kids as young as 5 in one of the bunks, however. They love it and it's safe.

Enjoy your cruise.

I will be booking a balcony. Thanks for the pictures Essiesmom! My son would love staying on top of the bunk and the railing looks pretty long. He should be ok. I'll talk to the counselors in the club of my concerns. Thanks everyone!

Hi, if Wikipedia is correct a US queen size is 60in wide, so in twin set up 30 inches - does anyone know how wide the sofa is? It looks a bit narrower than the beds in the photo.

Any adult ever slept on one? I heard they are pretty hard.

Anyone?

Suggest you start a new thread as perhaps the kid orientation of the title of this one has not attracted anyone who can answer your question -- also you might want to specify which ship you are asking about in case the answer might vary by class of ship. I'm sure there are lots of people who have slept on the couch out there somewhere.....

Archived