Need advice re; staying downtown vs SEA-TAC...also where to store luggage afterward.

We'll be flying into Seattle the night before our cruise and IF we're on time, we should be there by 8 PM. But, after we get our luggage and find a taxi to take us downtown, I'm sure it will be after 9 PM. I'm wondering if it's worth even staying downtown particularly if we probably won't have a lot of time to walk around anyway. It IS cheaper to stay out near the airport I see. Is it pretty easy to find a cab to take us to the terminal the next morning? I really WANT to be downtown, but we can't fly in any earlier.

So, my next question is: The day we come back from our cruise, our plane isn't flying out until 5 PM. We thought this would be a good time to see a little of the downtown area. We'll probably have 3-4 hours to kill before we need to get to the airport. Is there a place we can store our luggage during this time? I was thinking if we HAD stayed in a hotel downtown prior to our cruise they might let us store it there for a few hours AFTER our cruise. Or, are there lockers or something that can accommodate large suitcases, etc.?

Thanks for any advice and tips!

We'll be flying into Seattle the night before our cruise and IF we're on time, we should be there by 8 PM. But, after we get our luggage and find a taxi to take us downtown, I'm sure it will be after 9 PM. I'm wondering if it's worth even staying downtown particularly if we probably won't have a lot of time to walk around anyway. It IS cheaper to stay out near the airport I see. Is it pretty easy to find a cab to take us to the terminal the next morning? I really WANT to be downtown, but we can't fly in any earlier.

So, my next question is: The day we come back from our cruise, our plane isn't flying out until 5 PM. We thought this would be a good time to see a little of the downtown area. We'll probably have 3-4 hours to kill before we need to get to the airport. Is there a place we can store our luggage during this time? I was thinking if we HAD stayed in a hotel downtown prior to our cruise they might let us store it there for a few hours AFTER our cruise. Or, are there lockers or something that can accommodate large suitcases, etc.?

We are also flying in the night before our cruise and probably won't get to the hotel much before 8 so we decided to stay at DAys Inn Sea Tac, it was much cheaper than downtown hotels and since it would be later in the evening and tired from the cross country flight. There is a concerge at the Bell Street Pier that will store your luggage for 3.00 a bag. Go to www.portseattle.org

Enjoy your trip.

We are renting a car after our cruise and storing our luggage in the trunk. Then we will drive the car to SEA TAC, drop it off and get on the plane to go home.

Thanks for the info. regarding storing luggage in the port area. This will be a great help! :)

I'm still debating whether to get a hotel in the downtown area. I figure if I can get a good Hotwire rate it might be worth it. I heard that Pike Place Market and other areas down there are still open until 10 PM and beyond. Since our plane trip is only 2 hours, I know I won't be tired. Even if my husband goes to bed early, my daughter and I can at least take in a couple sights.:cool: Then in the morning we'll still have some time to walk around before taking a cab to the terminal around 11:45 AM. I'll see what I can do on Hotwire. I just went to BiddingForFun and they give you an idea of what the hotels are.

Thanks!

We are also flying in the night before our cruise and probably won't get to the hotel much before 8 so we decided to stay at DAys Inn Sea Tac, it was much cheaper than downtown hotels and since it would be later in the evening and tired from the cross country flight. There is a concerge at the Bell Street Pier that will store your luggage for 3.00 a bag. Go to www.portseattle.org

Enjoy your trip.

We won't be there that long before we need to get to the airport. I'd rather just walk around downtown, Pikes Place Market, etc. and then take a cab to the airport. Let THEM do the driving! :D

We are renting a car after our cruise and storing our luggage in the trunk. Then we will drive the car to SEA TAC, drop it off and get on the plane to go home.

My cousin lives in Seattle.....loves it! I've been there several times...really nice town...too bad you won;t have longer to enjoy it.

If you can get a decent deal DT it is worth it! Plus, like you said, you may be able to get the bellman to store your stuff for you! Actually, when I go to NYC for a convention, etc and I want to run amok afterward, I get my Marriott Elite card out, and $5 bucks and the bellmen will babysit my stuff for a couple hours.

Not sure how long pike's place is open at night, but there's a bunch of good restaurants around and while it may look like everyone goes home at 5, most of the restaurants are still lively late at night.

dosi, who are you renting from after the cruise? Will they pick you up at the pier?

They do not have pier pickup. We will walk to the Hilton hotel where they have a satellite office and pickup the car there, unless it is raining in which case we will take a cab. I think it is about a one mile walk. The total for the midsize car with tax is $51. I double checked with Alamo too because I wanted to make sure the car pick up office was open on Sundays!!!

What would be the closest hotel to the airport? We want to fly in a day early, but will be meeting some folks at the airport as they arrive.

Grace

There are a lot of hotels at the airport that you can get through Priceline. We bid for 3 star airport zone and got the Doubletree for $35. I am very happy with that deal.

We are flying ino Seattle 2 days prior to our cruise, and will rent a car at Sea-Tac. Going to stay downtown at the Holiday Inn Express. Since we have never been to this area, we felt safe with a known property. We have always been happy with the Holiday Inn Express...Hope we made the right choice. Anyway, we will drop the car near the pier, and take the shuttle to the ship. I'm still contemplating where or not to arrange for a towncar at disembarkation, or just wait it out for the cab...hmmmmmmmm.

Leah

Two years ago, we paid to store our luggage at the Seattle pier after our cruise. We walked around downtown and when we returned for our luggage (before the posted closing time), a security guard warned us to get a cab and get out of the area quickly. He said as soon as the cruise traffic winds down, the pier area becomes rough with transients, etc. If someone would have told us that when we checked the luggage, we would have planned to pick it up an hour earlier. (We were a family with 2 kids and were nervous while waiting for a cab.)

Archived