nathans golf carts

Grammy3sc

hi,

I wanted to see if anyone has rented a golf cart from Nathan recently? I have recieved an email of availability for the date that we are in port but can't help but be nervous a little about the credit card and condition of the carts. Sounds so great though, neat way to see the island.

What does everyone think?

Wanda

hi,

I wanted to see if anyone has rented a golf cart from Nathan recently? I have recieved an email of availability for the date that we are in port but can't help but be nervous a little about the credit card and condition of the carts. Sounds so great though, neat way to see the island.

What does everyone think?

Wanda

Well, I can let you know next week. We rented a cart from Nathan months ago. I have not had a problem with calling him with my card number. The only thing is that on at least 3 occasions, he has responded to my original email asking about his carts. I had to tell him we already rented one! You can also look on the Grand Turk website. After I booked with Nathan, I found out you can just rent one at the port. Wish us luck:confused:

We were just in Grand Turk last week and had pre-rented a cart from Nathan's. I sent my credit card info via e-mail and from a billing point, no problem. The quality of the cart was acceptable (normal wear and tear). They did indicate that the cart had a half tank of gas and to either return it at the same level or pay $10. I asked if there was a gauge to show the level and they replied yes (no gauge but just a visual of the gas in the tank). Within minutes of leaving the port entrance gate area (as they are waiting just outside the gate to the port), we stopped for gas to be safe. The tank was about 1/8 full, not half as indicated.

Previous posts stated that they enjoyed the use of the cart all day. We stopped for gas, drove the entire island, stopped at the 4-5 little kiosks for shopping and returned the cart after 2 hours. Although I am glad we rented the cart to see the island, paying $80 for only 2 hours use (which was our choice) was expensive. It would have been nice to have an hourly or half day rate.

Since this was our second time to Grand Turk, my suggestion would be to stay at Margaretville and enjoy the pool (although it was very cool this time of year) or the neighboring beach.

I asked about a half day rental but he said the rate was the same, $80.00. Well not sure what we are going to do. The freedom is only in port from7-2. I will check the grand Turk website too. Thanks for replying. Have a great trip!

Wanda:rolleyes:

We just rented on Monday. Original price was $80, then was told at the rental stop it wa $86.00. Needed to refill gas tank. Gas was $5.86 per gallon and we only used one gallon. It was fun, but it did not have a windshield so I had a bit of road dust in my face; not a horn or rear view mirror. I would rent a jeep next time, but from someone else. Golf carts are not allowed in the port area so you have to meet them outside of the port. No sign of anyone else who rents golf carts. I agree with another poster for the time we used it, the overall price was pretty steep.

We arrived on Grand Turk on New Years Eve, having pre-booked and paid for a golf cart, however, on reaching the area outside the cruise gates, we found that they didn't have any record of our booking. After speaking with Nathan, he offered us the Jeep that his staff had turned up in, so we managed to see what we wanted to on the Island, such as the Lighthouse and had a lovely swim at a beach, but we were glad to get back to the cruise terminal as the Jeep wasn't quite as roadworthy as we are used to.

We just rented on Monday. Original price was $80, then was told at the rental stop it wa $86.00. Needed to refill gas tank. Gas was $5.86 per gallon and we only used one gallon. It was fun, but it did not have a windshield so I had a bit of road dust in my face; not a horn or rear view mirror. I would rent a jeep next time, but from someone else. Golf carts are not allowed in the port area so you have to meet them outside of the port. No sign of anyone else who rents golf carts. I agree with another poster for the time we used it, the overall price was pretty steep.

So the jeep isn't any better than the golf carts? You paid in advance for gas rather than filling it yourself?

We arrived on Grand Turk on New Years Eve, having pre-booked and paid for a golf cart, however, on reaching the area outside the cruise gates, we found that they didn't have any record of our booking. After speaking with Nathan, he offered us the Jeep that his staff had turned up in, so we managed to see what we wanted to on the Island, such as the Lighthouse and had a lovely swim at a beach, but we were glad to get back to the cruise terminal as the Jeep wasn't quite as roadworthy as we are used to.

Did you have a copy of your email confirm and payment info? Who else did you see who might rent jeeps or golf carts?

Yes, I always take copies of any emails with me and also had made certain that the date I required it was written down twice ie 31st December 2011 and also New Year's Eve. I made the booking / payment early summer.

Unfortunately, I wasn't looking for any other jeep rental companies at the time, so can't be of any help to you there.

So the jeep isn't any better than the golf carts? You paid in advance for gas rather than filling it yourself?

Did you have a copy of your email confirm and payment info? Who else did you see who might rent jeeps or golf carts?

I picked up a useful pamphlet at the Information kiosk in Grand Turk. It has a listing of 8 Car and Scooter rentals that also includes car rentals. Nathan is the only one listed for golf carts. Given the shape of some of the roads, a jeep that is in good shape might be better. If you want names or numbers, let me know.

I looked around the port thinking there would be more rentals, but golf carts are not allowed inside the secure port area.

We didn't have any problem paying or meeting up with Nathan at the gate...it's a short walk across the parking lot. He had two carts waiting for us.

The golf carts have been well ridden.....ie not new. But the roads are also a little rough.....we took some non-paved paths. I believe my husband paid extra for the gas so that we didn't worry about stopping and filling up.

Unfortunately during our entire cruise we were followed by significant WIND!......it started in Florida and just followed us throughout the Caribbean....what this meant was that the beautiful beaches where we intended to swim and snorkel were rough with waves. We explored for about two hours and took lots of nice pictures (I'm glad we went out and "saw" a little of the island). But that was enough for us....also wish we could have done a shorter rental....I'm SURE we would have stayed out longer if we had been able to swim/snorkel...but we headed back to Margarettaville to swim at the protected beach and pool.

Luckily we'd also rented a cabana so we didn't have to worry about trying to find chairs when there were two ships in port! If you ask my husband he would tell you he'd rather have just stayed in the cabana all day - he was VERY happy we had a cabana. I enjoyed looking around and having somewhere to come back to. (with a group of six it made it nice that we didn't worry about "finding chairs together).

Have a nice day.....go look around and you can always come back to the port/pool.

We were in Grand Turk Thursday. I had reserved a golf cart last October and had the email confirmation that we had a cart reserved. When we arrived, the woman there told me they did not have any carts available. There were two carts parked there so I inquired about them. She stated one was broke down and someone else had already claimed the other one. It didn't seem to matter that I had a confirmed reservation!

She said she would let us have a jeep for the same price and we would not have to pay for the gas, or she would refund our money. Well, we had planned on the golf cart and didn't know what else to do so we took the jeep. It was in very poor condition. No working seat belts, next to no brakes and lots of play in the steering wheel! It sounded like it was going to quit at any moment. We drove it around the island and generally had a good time anyway, calling it "our adventure."

Based on our experience, I don't think a reservation or upkeep of the vehicles matters to them. I wouldn't rent from Nathans again.

DH as the driver told me I forgot something important. You had to start the cart in gear and keep your foot on the pedal at all times or it would stall out. It backfired once and I jumped a foot off the seat!

• 2 months later...
We have a jeep rented but not thru Nathan...I hope it works out but I'll let you all know. We go in March

PookeyBear1166... with whom did you reserve the Jeep? How much? And how? We are going in April and are looking forward to getting a Jeep or a cart and just want to know our options. Thanks!

For those of you who have done the golf cart or jeep, is there a convenience store of some kind where we could grab a few cokes and beers (preferably the local brew) to put in a soft cooler and head to a spot on the beach?

We rented a golf cart in Costa Maya and it was the best excursion ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived