Another laundry question

Pudgesmom

Pudgesmom: Gee, I wish we were on the same cruise, you think just like me and worry about the same things. Back on the old boards, which have disappeared, I asked this because I'll be on a 14 day cruise on the Wind Star. Someone replied that yes, they do have laundry service for a fee. There is no self-serve laundry.

I'll post a review when I return and give you details.

Jackie

Thanksgiving cruise through the Panama Canal

We'll be on the Windstar for 11 days, plus two days pre-cruise in Costa Rica. Does the ship offer a laundry service?

Beth

We just returned on the WindSurf and yes, they do have laundry service. They provide you with a terry cloth bag and tally sheets. Stuff the laundry in the bag, count off how much stuff you stuffed, leave it on the bed when you go to breakfast and it's ready before you shower and dress for dinner.

I wish I was still there. Doing your own laundry is a real drag. And no chocolates on the pillows either... :(

You're gonna have a great time...

I used the laundry service on Windsurf. My dress shirt and cotton slacks returned the morning after I sent them (about 18 hours later) and the price was reasonable (about the same as I pay at home for pants and only slightly more for the shirt). The laundry line in the bathroom will barely accommodate two bathing suits. Unless you want wet unmentionables draped all around the bathroom, you'll either overpack your casual clothes and undergarments or use the ship's laundry service. Due to Windstar's tipping policy, the printed price on the laundry ticket is what you get ... no percentage "service charge" mark-up.

I am booked for a 14 day trans-atlantic in November on the Wind Surf......the posts here have provided great info. I am just wondering if you are permitted to use a travel iron in your cabin to "touch-up" some wrinkles or do you have to send them to the laundry for "touch-up"......I guess I could just be "casually elegantly wrinkled".....

On Windsurf when asked about pressing by our friends, the steward offered to bring up an iron and board for use in the stateroom. The prices for getting clothes pressed by the laundry service were pretty reasonable so they declined the steward's offer.

Archived