Fiji shore excursions --- NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE

Hi all

We are sailing on 23 october on rhapsody and the excursions arent available yet but i have found on the RCI website a tour from Suva,Fiji called "jewel of fiji" at a cost of $155.10 per adult for 6 hours.

So i thought mmmm should i google search that tour name and i found the same tour run by Discover Fiji Tours for $76 per adult for 8 hours .... 9am to 5pm.

My questions are :

1. does anyone know is this the same company that RCI uses?

Charges more for less time?

2. The time in port from our itinerary says 8am to 6pm - is it too risky to book direct and then run the risk of not getting on and off the ship? (the itinerary says we are 'docked' so I assume we can just walk off the ship.

3. Has anyone used this tour company and do they pick up from the dock?

4. When RCI releases the excursions for our sailing, will the price be different then what is listed under the ports section?

5. Do i need to have made final payment before i can book excursions through RCI?

6. When will RCI release excursions for our sailing?

When comparing them its half the cost ... If RCI charged a bit more for the same thing I would happily book through them but this seems a lot for less time and the same tour???

Any other advice about excursions would be welcomed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Chookie

We did this tour in NOV 2010 and booked direct. Great tour - and better still we saved a fortune 4 adults & 2 kids

Had plenty of time

Not sure if same company but they pick up at the wharf- driver waves a red flag - found him easy

I would not hesitate to recomend

Di

Hi Chookie

We did this tour in NOV 2010 and booked direct. Great tour - and better still we saved a fortune 4 adults & 2 kids

Had plenty of time

Not sure if same company but they pick up at the wharf- driver waves a red flag - found him easy

I would not hesitate to recomend

Di

Thanks Di

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done the South Sea Island Tour from Denarau?

I have been past South Sea island on the Catamaran that services most of the main islands.

South Sea Island is very small compared the others like Treasure,Mana,Castaway etc

If you had a choice pick any Island but South Sea.

South Sea photo

south-sea-island-293-2.jpg

• 1 year later...
Any suggestions for a day tour from Lautoka? Or do you just negotiate with a taxi driver for the day?

I am heading to FIJI in March 2014 and wonder what you ended up doing in Lautoka. Did you end up finding a taxi driver? Where did you go and for how much?

Thanks....

We are arranging our tours in Fiji with Viti Eco Tours.

Well recommended on trip advisor.

We are going to the orchard gardens, followed by the thermal mud pools, lunch and shopping.

From Suva we are hoping to go to the Pearl resort followed by shopping in Suva & back to the ship.

I am heading to FIJI in March 2014 and wonder what you ended up doing in Lautoka. Did you end up finding a taxi driver? Where did you go and for how much?

Thanks....

Im also heading to Fiji in March, so also very interesting in any info :)

Archived