New press on nails (Loreal?)

shheriii

Has anyone tried them? I think they are like stickers that you stick over your real nails and come in all kinds of colors/designs? they arelike $10 at the pharmacy. I think i may end up getting my nails done, but in case I do not make it, i was thinking of getting these. I am going to see if I can find them online and post a picture. If you have tried them, did you like them? How long did they last? They are actually called Sally Hansen Salon effects! http://fashionbombdaily.com/2011/05/11/bomb-beauty-review-sally-hansen-salon-effects/

I don't love them. They don't stick that well which makes them look cheap. There is a better brand that my coworker uses. I will ask her the name tomorrow. They are great.

BTW the way you get them to fit is with an orange stick and a file that come in the kit. You press the sticker onto your nail and use the smooth side of the file to get out wrinkles or bubbles. You then use the ornage stick to press them tight around the nail. After that you you use ther rough side of the file to file off the excess sticker.

I've used them before and they last ~4-6 days for me. Avon used to make them and now I've seen other brands out there but have never tried anything other than Avon and Sally Hansen. A regular manicure lasts a day or less before it chips so the strips are a better option for me but not nearly as good as a gel manicure. The gel mani is the holy grail for me.

I don't love them. They don't stick that well which makes them look cheap. There is a better brand that my coworker uses. I will ask her the name tomorrow. They are great.

BTW the way you get them to fit is with an orange stick and a file that come in the kit. You press the sticker onto your nail and use the smooth side of the file to get out wrinkles or bubbles. You then use the ornage stick to press them tight around the nail. After that you you use ther rough side of the file to file off the excess sticker.

I had a box of these hanging out in my nail polish box for several months now. You ladies finally got me inspired enough to take them out and try them. I wasn't overly happy with them (I had purchased the violet.) Mine seemed to stick on pretty well (I made sure to do the buffing and nail polish remover to remove oils) but I didn't really like the look. The solid plain color to me almost looked like I was wearing a sticker and not at all like real polish (I think it was the shine mostly.) I had a really hard time getting the edge to file off like the instructions say and gave up after two fingers.

The concept seems really neat though! Part of me really wonders if I had gone with one of the prints I would have liked it more and I would have appreciated the effect more then a solid color I could have easily painted myself. I am thinking the shine on it might have had a different appearance as well.

I think I may have to check out a different brand down the road because the idea is definitely something that intrigues me.

Archived