Club Cozumel Caribe?

kathew

We went there this past May.

Was originally going to go to Paradise Beach, but the storms the three day prior muddied up the waters on the west side of the island. The north side wasn't effected as much.

Cab driver took us there for $25pp R/T and that included snorkel rental (was actually quite good!) and a tequila tasting. The cab driver we had - Pato, gave a great tour during the drive here and stayed on the property until we were ready to head back to the ship.

The place is located at a resort that was damaged by one of the hurricanes and the hotel only partially rebuilt. The rest of the resort - beach area, restaurant and pool are very nice - ocean was clear blue, too.

Good, reasonably priced food (fish tacos were great!) and cheap buckets of beers that could be mixed/matched. Clean restrooms. There were some rock climbing walls for an additional fee.

577621_3657327524330_833210360_n.jpg

560286_3657492768461_245905613_n.jpg

Is the entry into the ocean sandy or rocky? We usually go to Playa Azul just north of Club Caribe and it is rocky. How did you get tequila tasting and snorkel rental included with taxi fare? Doesn't the front facade of the hotel look like it is deserted and ruined? That is how I remember it, if this is the same place that I think it is. Do you enter thru the hotel or otherwise? One more question. I see some palms, but is there ample shade either from palms or palapas or umbrellas? We may try this place next time.

Is the entry into the ocean sandy or rocky? We usually go to Playa Azul just north of Club Caribe and it is rocky. How did you get tequila tasting and snorkel rental included with taxi fare? Doesn't the front facade of the hotel look like it is deserted and ruined? That is how I remember it, if this is the same place that I think it is. Do you enter thru the hotel or otherwise? One more question. I see some palms, but is there ample shade either from palms or palapas or umbrellas? We may try this place next time.

The entry to the ocean from the beach is sandy with a few large, fairly smooth rocks in places. The snorkel hut is about 1000 feet from the beach area and you enter the water there via a ladder - it is somewhat rocky but the water is too deep to stand.

When we were talking to the cab drivers at the entrance to the Puerta Maya marketplace we had asked them to take use to Paradise Beach and were told about the muddy waters. They showed us a few other places and suggested CCC - gave us the price per person and what it included. Sounded like a deal so we took the chance!

Yes - the hotel does look deserted and ruined. That was due to a hurricane some time back and they attempted to rebuild it. The first 2 or 3 floors have been renovated but it seems like the gave up on the higher floors - people are staying there, too. But the rest of the resort is in great shape. You don't go thru the hotel but the drop off to the resort part is to the right of the hotel.

There is quite a bit of shade there - palm trees and palapas. Don't recall seeing any umbrellas but we were either sitting under the palm trees or snorkeling most of them time

Sounds good! I assume there is no fee to enter the club, just the expectation that you will buy food and/or drinks?

I think the $25pp you pay the cab driver covers any fees. If you didn't want to rent snorkel gear, its $20pp.

The food and drinks are very reasonable. We bought a bucket of beers, two strong rum DotD, three diet pepsi's, an order of nachos and a huge appetizer plate and it came to something like $37 USD!

Do most drivers offer this deal? Is it one of the places on the board by the taxi stands? I am just used to paying a small fee to go to PB and then grabbing a cab to return and sharing the fare. Was the $25 worth it?? was it muchfurther north? just trying to plan my time. Going in March 2013 You are right about PB after a storm...I was very disappointed

Do most drivers offer this deal? Is it one of the places on the board by the taxi stands? I am just used to paying a small fee to go to PB and then grabbing a cab to return and sharing the fare. Was the $25 worth it?? was it muchfurther north? just trying to plan my time. Going in March 2013 You are right about PB after a storm...I was very disappointed

Not sure if most drivers offered the deal and can't recall if it was on the board by the stands - when we were leaving the PM Marketplace, we saw the cab drivers to the right and when they mentioned about the PB waters, they pulled out a large book/plaque that listed other places to visit - I think most of the drivers did offer this deal because as the day went on, we saw other people showing up with similar, but different colored wristbands accompanied by other drivers.

We thought it was worth the $25 - not sure how much the cab ride would have been by itself to PB or to CCC, but that it included the driver staying on site until we were ready, any rental fees - snorkeling gear, chairs, etc and the tequila tasting, we were happy. And the ride from the pier to CCC took about 15-20

minutes.

Also - Pato, the driver, said that he could drop us off in San Miguel on the way back to shop if we wanted but that we would have to find another cab back - about a $7 ride to the pier. We opted for the Puerta Maya Marketplace and the few stands right outside it.....

Make sure you check out Tripadvisor - this place got pretty decent reviews.....

• 6 months later...

Arrived at Puerta Longosta and was approached by a driver. He offered to take us to Club Cozumel Caribe. We were a group of 12 and he offered $10 for kids including snorkel, $10 for adults w/out snorkel and $15 for adults with snorkel after some negotiating. He remained on the premises all day and was available whenever we wanted to leave. He told us about the free tequila tasting tour which included an interesting history of tequila making and about 6 very small tasters. Great stuff but expensive. About $40-120 per bottle depending on how long it was aged. We each purchased a bottle. The snorkling was good for beginners and very fun. There is a wood dock you access the water from and the current takes you down stream so you end back at the sandy beach. There was a nice large pool, lots of chairs and outdoor showers. Some cruise employees, cruisers from other ships but no loud music and all and all a relaxing time. The food was okay. We order fajitas and nachos to share between 4 and couldn't finish it. Cost about $35 for both including tip. Buckets of beer were about $17 and you can mix and match.

Archived