A question about the Grandeur of the Seas

Can anyone tell me if the cabins have a kettle - or, shall I leave my teabags at home? :)

We are sailing in one of the new hump oceanview cabins, which I am excited about. I have seen some photos and, although they seem a bit slimmer compared to normal, they do have lovely big windows.

only suites and up.. but you most likely will not be allowed to bring a kettle on board anyway

they are a fire hazard and can be confiscated. a French Press would not be.

bring your tea bags anyway.. you can order hot water from room service. it will be delivered in a thermos.

only suites and up.. but you most likely will not be allowed to bring a kettle on board anyway

they are a fire hazard and can be confiscated. a French Press would not be.

bring your tea bags anyway.. you can order hot water from room service. it will be delivered in a thermos.

Many thanks :)

• 9 months later...
also just be resigned to the fact that you will not get a proper boil.. it will be hot, but not boiling.

I guess I am not a 'tea connoisseur'. We have had the tea in the WindJammer and used the hot water by the coffee dispenser. It seemed quite good to me.... :confused:

I was just on the Grandeur and the water from the dispenser in the Windjammer was hot enough for me. I only drink black tea so some mornings I had to ask for it. If you want black tea it is call First Tea and it is very good. If you are very picky as to what brand of tea you drink, I would still bring my own. Enjoy your cruise.

I guess I am not a 'tea connoisseur'. We have had the tea in the WindJammer and used the hot water by the coffee dispenser. It seemed quite good to me.... :confused:

Britons are rather particular about how tea is made. We Americans .. not so much after that little incident at Boston Harbor.

trust me when I say the stuff we drink? is NOT properly made tea by any stretch of an Englishman's imagination. ( or a Japanese person)

I TRY and approximate the correct way at home, no tea bags in this house, but I also know mine is more like the stuff the Heart of Gold dispenses than actual tea.....

Ever see Mrs Doubtfire? that scene where the Mom is interviewing "Mrs D" for the nanny position? that's how proper tea is made.

Archived