Oasis of the Seas 12/01/12 - 12/08/12 Eastern Caribbean Review

This was our 3rd time on Oasis Class in the last year and the 2nd time on Oasis. A little background on us is we always cruise with both our girls who are 2 & 4 and pick the ship as a resort not on the ports since we have done them all in the past. Since we live in Central FL we usually drive down the morning of the cruise and park at the port. I know some people will complain about the cost to park at the port but we have tried all the other options in the past (Hotel, Rent a car one way, Outside the port parking) and I have no problem paying the cost for the convenience of being close to the ship. The pics you will see in the review taken with my Nikon D90, Canon S95, or Samsung SIII. I still have numerous pics with the D90 but don’t carry it as much when I have the girls with me because of it size. We did receive good news 2 days before the cruise when we received a call letting us know we had been upgraded from a Standard Interior Cabin to a Family Interior Cabin, YES the Upgrade Fairy does exist and it was very much appreciated and the first time we have received a upgrade from Royal Caribbean.

Day 1 12/1/12

We left the Orlando area around 9:30 AM and were in the parking lot next to the ship at about 1:05 PM after dropping our luggage. Once we were parked we started walking to the ship. Boarding was quick and easy like in the past on Oasis and Allure. Royal Caribbean has really mastered this process on Oasis & Allure. Once on board we stopped by our cabin real quick to leave the cameras and computers we carried on with us and went to the Windjammer for lunch and then went back to the cabin for a few minutes prior to the Lifeboat Drill. After the Lifeboat Drill we were off to My Time Dining. After Dinner we went to register both girls in the Nursery and Adventure Ocean. We then let the girls hang out in the toy area in Adventure Ocean for a little while and then went out on the Boardwalk Area prior to going to bed.

Family Interior Cabin lots of space compared to the normal interior. When we entered the cabin my 4 year old demanded the upper bunk bed and our 2 year old stated the big bed was hers. Compromised and the 4 year old slept on the bottom bunk with one condition:confused:????? Daddy sleeps on the top one:eek:. A couple of times I went into the big bed and pushed my 2 year old between my wife and I during the night. You won't believe this but the upper bunk feels better to sleep on compared to the regular bed. A couple of times I almost fell off thel ladder. I guess I am not as young as I once was?

20121208-Jeff-D90-Dec%202012-8708-X2.jpg

20121208-Jeff-D90-Dec%202012-8709-X2.jpg

20121208-Jeff-D90-Dec%202012-8710-X2.jpg

20121208-Jeff-D90-Dec%202012-8711-X2.jpg

We're going to be on the Oasis on January 19th with a 4yr old. Can't wait to hear more...

Your 4 year old will love it. Our 4 year old now demands it. The nice thing about it is if they want to have lunch and dinner and stay there you can. Our 4 year old I think only had dinner with us 2 times on the cruise. Our 2 year old did not want to do the Nursery. She kept stating that she wasn't a baby and didn't want to go. Keep in mind our 2 year old is potty trained and not to far behind our 4 year old. She was pretty much bored in the Nursery. Even though she was potty trained and advanced she still could not go in the Aquanaut's with her big sister. The policy is they must be over 3 years old.

We also decided to eat in the Dining Room on this cruise and try out all of the new menus. The new menus are great . The first night I had the Escargot, Prime Rib, & Creme Brulee. The Prime Rib was great, they must have changed vendors this year and it melted in my mouth. It appears the quality of all their meats has improved or something has changed for the better.

Your 4 year old will love it. Our 4 year old now demands it. The nice thing about it is if they want to have lunch and dinner and stay there you can. Our 4 year old I think only had dinner with us 2 times on the cruise.

I'm glad to hear the dinner for the kids at the aquanauts club worked out for you. I hope to take advantage... if my DS enjoys the club.

I read something about the kids participating in a parade. Did your 4yr old join in that?

Day 2 12/02/15 Nassau

After sleeping in we had a late breakfast in the Windjammer and relaxed onboard. Our oldest daughter want to spend the day in Adventure Ocean. While she was in Aquanaut’s. Did my usual lunch when on Oasis Class with the Roast Beef Sandwich in the Park Café and then went to the Diamond Sail Away Party on the Helipad with our 2 year old. After the sail away part we went down to the Opal Theater and watched “Rise of the Guardians” where she fell asleep in the movie. After the movie she wanted to go on the Carousel and walk around the Boardwalk. The Dinner Menu on night 2 was the “Saffron” Menu. For dinner I tried the Bay Scallop Graton, Lobster Bisque, Banana & Rum Soup, Escargot, Carved Filet of Beef Tenderloin, & Bittersweet Chocolate Soufflé. As I mentioned earlier the beef was so tender it melted in your mouth and you could cut it with a fork. I thought this was probably one of the better menus I have had on Royal Caribbean. After dinner I picked up our 4 year old daughter and on the way out of Adventure Ocean discovered she was an ace at Air Hockey.

20121207-Oasisoftheseas-0765-L.jpg

20121207-Oasisoftheseas-0764-L.jpg

Archived