Cypress Creek Courtyard (Ft. Lauderdale)

SherriZ366

Has anyone stayed here? Looked good. We are driving to Fla. from SC and will want to break our trip about the time we reach the outskirts of Fort Lauderdale and all the hotels closer to the port are pretty expensive. Looks like it is a 20-25 minute drive to the port. We got a good rate because the hotel caters to business travelers.

Does anyone know anything about the area around the hotel -- restaurants etc. ?

I have stayed in that area many times, and while the location of the Courtyard escapes me, I can tell you that on North Andrews Ave. just north of Cypress Creek and just west of 95 there is a shopping center with a Champs Sports Bar and Restaurant, with really good food, and plenty of it. There is also Hooters, and Sweet Tomatoes, which is an all you can eat salad bar, soup, bread, pasta, pan pizza and baked potato place. Very good. For some reason I think there is an Outback there too.

A little further west on CC to Powerline and you will find Bennigans and Chilis, and north on Powerline for a few more places. Great breakfast at the Bagel Deli or some such name, just a little further north on Powerline in the corner of a shopping center that's on the left as you go north from CC, definitely thru one light, maybe 2.

Tons of places on Commercial Blvd as you head east towards the ocean. This is one exit from CC south on 95. Chucks Steak House, good, and several Italian places.

You'll find plenty.

Howard -- thanks for the info. I'm putting it in the file for the Jewel of the Seas for next Jan. From the map on the Marriott website, the Courtyards looks like it is next to the Executive Airport so it is a little further from I-95 than some of the other hotels (about 2 miles).

We stayed there a couple of years ago for two nights pre-cruise. There were plenty of restaurants in that general area. Can't remember too many details about our room, but the hotel was well maintained and in good shape. We spent some time at the pool - which was pretty and relaxing. We would definitely stay there again.

I have stayed there and it is nice. We went to a restuarant called Larry's. Sorry but I can't remember what street it was on.

(I think it was on Federal)

Archived