Where did MSC dock in Colon?

PekingeseLady

MSC still has listed Cristobal as our port. And when I call they tell me it is Cristobal. Now I have learned from all my CC Friends here that we will dock in Colon. So my guide with Embrea Village tours wants to know which dock we will be porting in. I haven't a clue. I have posed the question here on the MSC board to MSC USA, but the lady on MSC phone call said she would only have the same information as she did. So I am thinking we would probably port in the same place MSC ported in Colon with her other ship. Does anyone know? Help please.

Here is a link that will show the relationship between Colon 2000 and the Homeport Pier.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1914590&highlight=home+port

While not exactly the same place they are very close to one another. I would expect that as long as you are the only cruise ship in port that day, you would use the Colon 2000 pier.

The references to Cristobal are rather resilient in some quarters, there is also a website I check for ships in port on a given day and it still lists MSC ships using Cristobal even though no passenger ship has called on Cristobal since 2010. Just to give an idea on how the three facilities are related, looking at the picture in the link, the Cristobal pier would be to the right of the Homeport pier about two miles away.

• 3 weeks later...

My original question was does anyone know where MSC docked in Colon/Cristobal? I believe one of their ships was there last year. MSC USA is still saying we are docking in Cristobal. See below.

Cristobal, Panama

Hello,

The MSC Divina will be docking in the Port of Cristobal sometimes referred to as the Cristobal Pier. The address to the Port's offices are:

Port of Cristobal

Building 1010

Roosevelt Ave.

P.O. Box 0301-03240

Best,

MSC Cruises (USA)

My original question was does anyone know where MSC docked in Colon/Cristobal? I believe one of their ships was there last year. MSC USA is still saying we are docking in Cristobal. See below.

Cristobal, Panama

Hello,

The MSC Divina will be docking in the Port of Cristobal sometimes referred to as the Cristobal Pier. The address to the Port's offices are:

Port of Cristobal

Building 1010

Roosevelt Ave.

P.O. Box 0301-03240

Best,

MSC Cruises (USA)

I been there last year and I dont know where we docked .Why yo ucare so much?

This is the former Cristobal Pier (Pier 6) prior to Nov. 2010

cristobalpierpanama

Here is a link to a picture that Richard in Panama provided back in 2010 of the warehouse portion of the pier being demolished:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=26862112&postcount=22

The picture that follows is one I took last year of Pier 6 in Cristobal, while it would be possible for your ship to dock there, I believe that it would be most improbable as there are no other ships scheduled in Colon on 12-17 leaving two open berths that have passenger facilities. The Cristobal Pier (6) is the one in foreground, nothing there now except containers.

2z8reqt.jpg

The MSC offices are just supplying you with meaningless data as the address they provided you is actually is the Port Captain's building which is actually outside the pier area. If you are trying to coordinate meeting someone for an excursion, it should not be a huge problem locating your ship wherever it ultimately docks. The Colon piers are only about 2 miles directly across town and your ship should be easy to spot if you are indeed the only ship in port that day.

I tried to find out where MSC actually docked in the past but I could not find anything, I believe they had a similar itinerary last year. Sorry I can't provide anything more definitive.

PS: I hope someone comes back after the cruise and tells us where you actually docked.:)

Edited by BillB48