Great seafood in Ft Lauderdale

sarahj145

If you have a car and don't mind a drive, City Fish Market is the best seafood place in the area (about 20-30 minutes away) but right off the turnpike and Glades so an easy drive with no traffic lights :)

Fabulous meals!

It's worth a mention that 15th Street has two menus; upstairs and downstairs. The upstairs is quieter, more elegant, downstairs more like a bar type restaurant. Great views up or down. Great food. Easy to get at. I prefer upstairs because downstairs is salads/sandwich/fried foods, which is fine really, and wallet friendly, but any number of places can do while the dishes upstairs are great and worth the modest price increase for a once in a while or once ever place.

Haven't eaten at Bimini. Live across the street from City Fish Market; expensive, not quick to get to from Fort Lauderdale. Good though.

I can wholeheartedly recommend avoiding Anglins Beach Cafe on Lauderdale Beach. Poor service, incorrect billing, food was "meh".

Edited by LMaxwell

It's worth a mention that 15th Street has two menus; upstairs and downstairs. The upstairs is quieter, more elegant, downstairs more like a bar type restaurant. Great views up or down. Great food. Easy to get at. I prefer upstairs because downstairs is salads/sandwich/fried foods, which is fine really, and wallet friendly, but any number of places can do while the dishes upstairs are great and worth the modest price increase for a once in a while or once ever place.

You can sit downstairs at 15th St Fisheries in the more fun and casual Docksiders restaurant, and ask to order off of the upstairs menu. It's about a mile walk from Embassy Suites, or a short cab ride.

You can sit downstairs at 15th St Fisheries in the more fun and casual Docksiders restaurant, and ask to order off of the upstairs menu. It's about a mile walk from Embassy Suites, or a short cab ride.

I guess I didn't do a good job of explaining why you can't take the Water Taxi to 15th Street Fisheries from the Embassy Suites as was suggested.

What about the Bimini Boatyard? We've never eaten there, but heard people talk about it.

We ate here last March...it was fine but overpriced as far as I'm concerned...like $35 pp for brunch which was no nicer than any other place...we won't be going back...it's for the "beautiful people" from the appearance of the clientel (likely get some backlash for that but I don't drive a fancy car or float a boat...I earn my money with my hands)

What about the Bimini Boatyard? We've never eaten there, but heard people talk about it.

I've been eating at Bimini Boatyard for about 20 yrs. My favorite dishes are Diane Salad and Snapper Viequez. It's a nice place for lunch or dinner. If it's a nice day it's lovely to sit on the waterfront patio.

Southport Raw Bar is delicious. It's on the intercostal off of Cordova, about one block down from Kelly's Landing. The best baked clams we have had!!!

I also like the Southport Raw Bar. Short walk from Embassy Suites and it has a great laid back atmosphere. Great clam chowder, oysters, and seafood.