Behind the Scenes Tour on Carnival Dream

jvparish

My husband and I are thinking about trying to do this tour on the Dream. Can anyone give me information about it? I have read that the tour is $95 to $55 depending on the ship. Is this by person? I am trying to talk my husband into doing this. I think he would love it. Can someone give me some details so I can convince him?

Thanks!

Definitely worth it. The price will be per person. You will get to see areas of the ship that aren't accessible to the public. We got to go up on the bridge and get photos with the captain. It is a great behind the scenes look. You will need to be able bodied since climbing stairs is involved. You will also want to book it as soon as you get on the ship since it will likely sell out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Our family of four did it on our last cruise. In our opinion it was not worth the cost. Yes, you will see parts of the ship that are not normally accessible. Nothing spectacular. The trip to the bridge was nice. But not worth the price. This is the kind of tour that Carnival should offer for free to repeat cruisers on board.

I went on one on Ecstasy, so it was the cheaper rate. I felt it was worth it. I don't know how many more areas are seen on a larger ship. I didn't think I had mobility issues, but after the stair climbing (stairs are not like you see in the main parts of the ship, they are steep and metal), but had issues after the tour. You'll be wanded , no phones nor cameras, and travel with a security person. No open toed shoes either. It still was worth it, especially the sheet dryer and folding machine.

We did it on the Glory in October. It was informative, but I don't think it was worth $95. I'd say it's a $40 value. $95 is a pretty typical price for a decent shore excursion (snorkeling/catamaran trip, etc.) and the behind the scenes delivers much less value in my opinion.