Where does the VS dock in Barcelona?

writer100

I think I have a URL for the Barcelona website, or can find one for you. Hopefully it has the actual pier location, as some port sites have it and some don't. Cruise lines usually don't post port assignments in advance because they are subject to change. (Location is assigned by the port. We've experienced a couple changes in the years we've been cruising, including once that changed on the day we got to the port. Then there's the time our ship was reflected on two different port lists, one across town from the other - but that's another story! It was in the Caribbean.)

I'll fire up my pc in a little while and see if I saved the link. We disembarked from there last year.

Edited by roothy123

Port website is in the info below. Here's a direct link to (hopefully) the cruise schedule in April/May in English: http://content.portdebarcelona.cat/cntmng/d/d/workspace/SpacesStore/0200ad49-4c6c-4d88-b668-45ec6d248b54/en.15-04.pdf

15.3 km & 30 minutes from port to airport. Port web site is http://www.portdebarcelona.cat/ We're alone at Moll Barcelona, closest to city.

Arranged cab from BCN Travel (Order ID XXX) to pick us up at 8, pre-paid. Get half of 48€ plus tip from Judy & Andrea, 8068. They’ll give me euros on ship.

-----------------

You can probably find the address of the port on the website above. Keep in mind, as I said before, that pier assignment can change. However, Barcelona's port is large but fairly simple, as the different docking piers are lined up along the waterfront. If you take a cab, you might be able to just simply ask the driver to take you to the Catalan word for "port" and he/she should be able to find the ship pretty easily. Just make sure the cab driver doesn't hear "aeroport" instead. I think the word for cruises is "cruzeros" or something like that. We came into Moll Barcelona, which was right by one of the cable car towers (from the city to the nearby beach).

783792026_P1050503EarlybreakfastonTerraceinBCNnexttocablecar.jpg.909eb70e0b5f5a4f233443d716113718.jpg

Edited by roothy123

Port website is in the info below and direct link to May schedule is here: http://content.portdebarcelona.cat/cntmng/d/d/workspace/SpacesStore/d9cb9624-8250-4c0a-9690-7ca82f8f2036/en.15-05.pdf You'll see Viking listed on second line, I think. Keep in mind that in Europe, the day is usually posted before the month.

---------------------

It's 15.3 km & 30 minutes from port to airport. Port web site is http://www.portdebarcelona.cat/ We're alone at Moll Barcelona, closest to city.

Arranged cab from BCN Travel (Order ID XXX) to pick us up at 8, pre-paid. Get half of 48€ plus tip from Judy & Andrea, 8068. They’ll give me euros on ship.

---------------------

You can probably find the address of the port on the website above. Keep in mind, as I said before, that pier assignment can change. However, Barcelona's port is large but fairly simple, as the different docking piers are lined up along the waterfront. If you take a cab, you might be able to just simply ask the driver to take you to the Catalan word for "port" and he/she should be able to find the ship pretty easily. Just make sure the cab driver doesn't hear "aeroport" instead. I think the word for cruises is "cruzeros" or something like that. We came into Moll Barcelona, which was right by one of the cable car towers (from the city to the nearby beach).

The Barcelona port is fairly easy to navigate and easy to locate. We have used it a couple times and I don't anticipate problems locating VS.....it is not in our experience a stressful port like some can be.

Thank you, all. As it happens, explicit directions are included in the docs Viking sent. I just didn't see them. But again, thank you for your kindness.