Prince Edward Island

Hi all,

Just read the CC capsule on P.E.I. Not mentioned in this summary is that there are several beautiful beaches on the island, nice this time of year, especially for northerners. Also worth checking out are the lobster dinners available on the island; a real treat. As mentioned, the pace is slow, the natives friendly; all in all, a great day awaits for those fortunate enough to tour this lovely place. It is a very small island, easy to tour by car. Just be prepared for slow driving, especially if you get caught behing farmer's hay wagons!!

Cheers,

Andy

• 7 years later...

Has anyone taken a tour to the Bagpiper School in Charlottetown. There is one offered through the Celebrity Summit that we are considering for our cruise this September. If you have done this excursion was it worth it?

Trying to decide between that and a private Island Tour. We have been to PEI before and found it lovely so we are considering doing the Bagpiper School and then walking around Charlottetown.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I have not heard of such a school, and where I live I get CBC radio from Charlottetown all the time. There is the College of Piping in Summerside, PEI and that may be where the ship's excursion goes: http://www.collegeofpiping.com/

The Dept. of music at UPEI in Charlottetown offers a degree in music with a diploma in bagpiping through the piping college:

http://www.collegeofpiping.com/upeidegree.php

Archived