Mindful Massages must be very popular

tomhigh

So today is our first chance to reserve a massage. We are on the Mediterranean Odyssey in the last half of October this year and we are in a Penthouse Junior Suite.

Already, every day is sold out. This confuses me, but I guess that other cruises leading into this one have taken all of the spots. I'm a bit bummed out that my priority reservations aren't worth much.

Has anyone else encountered this?

This won't help much, as I'm in a DV category not a suite. I also had not looked at the massages before today. However, on my cruise, as of today, when the DV restaurant booking window opened, that particular massage is not completely booked up each day. I see Viking blocks out the times you're scheduled to go on an excursion, so I can't see complete availability for the days we've booked one (about half to 2/3 of our days). For most days other than the sea day, however, things look tight around the hours of 10 and 3. However, there are openings in the early morning and early evenings most days, and a few in between those times.

A comparison of one cruise to yours may not be representative. Nevertheless, I would say yes, it's probably a very popular massage - or else you have an unusual number of people on your cruise interested in massage, or I have an unusual number of people not interested on mine! And yes, I guess there are a good number of people taking more than one cruise back to back, which makes availability tighter than it would be if everyone just took one cruise.

I'm not much of a spa person, so I don't know what your options might be, but if you can't reserve before you go, I would go directly to someone on the ship when you board to ask if there are any cancellations, etc. I've done that with excursions (another line) with success, and my belief is that you never know until you try!

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice Roothy.

I looked at everything the spa does and it's all sold out. I'm tempted to think that something is wrong with the reservation system. It's a good thing that the SPA wasn't really high on my list of activities.