Lets try this again - Hotels in Houston

DebbieOinKC

I originally posted a thread last night, but was having a great deal of problems with the site.

We are sailing out of Galveston on the Sensation on 9/5. We are flying into IAH on Saturday and are looking at hotels near Houston Hobby (to be closer to Galveston). Hotels for this weekend in Galveston are a little out of our budget. Can anyone recommend a good hotel near the airport or in a decent area.

Thanks

I recently bid on Priceline and got a LaQuinta, north Houston, don't know if this is close to airport or not, anyway I bid 33.00 and got it. I did this about last Thursday, not the fanciest place but will do for our family on a budget. Good Luck, we will probably be in Coz the same day.:)

Does anyone have any input on the Hampton Inn (Deer Park) in Houston? I am always a little wary of booking a hotel or motel sight unseen.

I understand Texas City has a hampton inn also. We are being switched to the Galveston port. We are only about 275 miles from New Orleans, but now we will have to drive an additonal 300 miles further to Galveston. We live in the Florida panhandle and understand some parts of I-10 in Ms and La. are out. If anyone can give me any information on any of this, please post a reply. Thank you and God bless the victims of Katrina. We pay the price for living on the gulf coast.

bc cruiser

Debbie,

My wife and I are flying into HOU (Hobby), which is south of the city, and we got the Marriott Houston Hobby for $49 + tax from Priceline. This is a Sat night in December; we bid 4* Houston Hobby area. It's about a 45 minute drive from the hotel to Galveston.(Sunday morning drive with little traffic).

Good Luck!

Kel

• 2 months later...

bc cruiser - I haven't stayed at the Deer Park Hampton Inn, but I can tell you it is in a very safe place. Center Street is the main street of Deer Park, and if you have a car, you will have easy access to restaurants in the area. Staying in Texas City will put you closer to the port on the day of your departure, but you might get a cheaper rate at the one in Deer Park. I live in La Porte, the next town over, so if you have any other questions about Deer Park, I'm happy to help.

Jana

Archived