Canadian $$ & Vancouver question

Kylie

A group of us will be going on Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver next summer and I read that we will need to take a taxi from the train station to Ballantyne pier for our cruise. The cost is 9.00 Canadian - how much is that in American dollars? Will we need to exchange our money to pay for the cab? Since there will be 11 of us, does anyone know of a way the whole group can get to the pier easier than getting several taxis for all the people and their luggage?

I am sure they will also accept US money. Vancouver strives on tourism in the summer, and many American comes to visit. You won't get the best exchange rate with the cab driver but probably worth if you don't need to exchange money for other reasons.

There are tonnes of curreny exchange places around town.

• 3 weeks later...

The train station is about 1 to 1.5 miles from Ballantyne Pier, through not the best part of town. Taxi is the best way to go. I would guess about C$10-12 per cab. The exchange rate is about US$1.00=C$1.22 or so. For a $10 cab fare, pay in US $. There will be no problems with the cabs accepting US $, especially if you pay the meter amount in US$. This will be cheaper than paying the exchange commission.

Archived