Embassy Suites Secaucus stay/cruise package

3-at-sea

Hello, everyone! I am NOT new to cruising but I am new here (I just need to set up my profile/cruise history!). We are taking a cruise soon on the NCL Breakaway and I was glad to have learned about the Embassy Suites "cruise package" that gives you an overnight stay, 7-day parking after check-out, and a ride to the terminal. Although we could just drive up the day of the cruise, driving the day before and spending the night will be a more relaxing way to start the vacation.

I learned about this package here (on various threads) and people seem happy with the choice, so I booked a package for myself. I have my confirmation email, however I see NO details AT ALL about what the package entails. For those of you who booked this, was this your experience? I have confirmed with both the main reservations number and the hotel itself that this package DOES in fact include the parking and the ride to the port.

However, I am not comfortable not having this in writing, for understandable reasons. Here I am paying nearly twice the rate of what a regular overnight is quoted online, specifically to get these benefits, but nothing to show for it. My confirmation simply says "cruise package" which means nothing if I am stranded with no ride to the port and/or our car is towed while we are away. I don't see anything on the hotel website that I could save as a screenshot, and so far, no one at the hotel (the property itself or the call center) is "able" to send me anything. I fail to see why this is so difficult. Am I being paranoid? Maybe. But I know from experience that it's best to get everything in writing. I am used to doing so from contracts I sign on a regular basis, both with people I hire and with those who hire me. Did any of you who booked this package actually get the details in writing? Thanks.

Rate Details- 2 ROOM SUITE-1 KING BED-NONSMOKING.pdf

I notice that it says that there is transportation "to" the cruiseport, but it doesn't say anything about the return. You might confirm this with the hotel.

Also, it says that you need to arrange your transportation in advance and gives you the phone number of the car service.

Edited by Schoifmom

Bless you! Thanks so much for finding that... I could not find it and I'm having a bear of a time getting the hotel to give me any info, so I really appreciate your digging it up! And yes, I know it's only a one-way ride, which we would use outbound, as that's the most rushed time. For the return I can check with the same company (at my expense, I know) or use one of the other car services in the area, which I also learned about from these threads. Thanks again! :)

Hello, everyone! I am NOT new to cruising but I am new here (I just need to set up my profile/cruise history!). We are taking a cruise soon on the NCL Breakaway and I was glad to have learned about the Embassy Suites "cruise package" that gives you an overnight stay, 7-day parking after check-out, and a ride to the terminal. Although we could just drive up the day of the cruise, driving the day before and spending the night will be a more relaxing way to start the vacation.

I learned about this package here (on various threads) and people seem happy with the choice, so I booked a package for myself. I have my confirmation email, however I see NO details AT ALL about what the package entails. For those of you who booked this, was this your experience? I have confirmed with both the main reservations number and the hotel itself that this package DOES in fact include the parking and the ride to the port.

However, I am not comfortable not having this in writing, for understandable reasons. Here I am paying nearly twice the rate of what a regular overnight is quoted online, specifically to get these benefits, but nothing to show for it. My confirmation simply says "cruise package" which means nothing if I am stranded with no ride to the port and/or our car is towed while we are away. I don't see anything on the hotel website that I could save as a screenshot, and so far, no one at the hotel (the property itself or the call center) is "able" to send me anything. I fail to see why this is so difficult. Am I being paranoid? Maybe. But I know from experience that it's best to get everything in writing. I am used to doing so from contracts I sign on a regular basis, both with people I hire and with those who hire me. Did any of you who booked this package actually get the details in writing? Thanks.

What exact date are you doing this and what is the package rate including tax?

The last time this package was discussed, it did not include a return trip. That is at least another $60+.

Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield Park has a similar offering for about $280 which includes the room, parking, and round trip port transportation. A number of folks have booked this and we are waiting for the first reviews.

Hi, 138East, yes, I am well aware that the package does NOT include a return trip and that such a trip will cost me $50-60 plus tolls. We have factored that price into our decision. The package is for this coming weekend. With the tax included, the package is $289, so with the return trip to tack on to that, we're looking at $360 total. Parking at the port would be $280 (7 X $40) so that would be cheaper, except we all along had thought spending the night nearby would be a wise choice, given the longish drive we'd have (5 hours) the day of the cruise.

With the package we now have, we're talking about an extra $80 for (a) a night at a nice hotel, (b) a good free breakfast (Embassy Suites), © peace of mind of a very short drive the day of (and a relaxing night prior to that, and (d) the convenience of being dropped off at the terminal instead of having to find parking.

The Hilton Garden Inn deal that you mention, DOES come out to be a better deal than the Embassy Suites one, of course (just the same price as port parking, so essentially you get the hotel night free!) so I'll look into it, since I still have time to cancel the ES. Thanks!

PS - I found the package... seems almost identical to the ES one:

"The Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park is just 12 miles from the Manhattan Cruise Port. We conveniently offer complimentary on-site parking for your vehicle for the duration of your cruise and arrange for transportation to the cruise port with the price of your room."

I see "transportation TO" the cruise port but not "from." I haven't called them yet, though, but when I go through the steps to book, again I see "to," not "from." Price-wise it's the same as the ES... pretty much identical, with similar amenities (breakfast, cruise-term parking).

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-jersey/hilton-garden-inn-ridgefield-park-LGARPGI/offers/100077011.htm

PS - I found the package... seems almost identical to the ES one:

"The Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park is just 12 miles from the Manhattan Cruise Port. We conveniently offer complimentary on-site parking for your vehicle for the duration of your cruise and arrange for transportation to the cruise port with the price of your room."

I see "transportation TO" the cruise port but not "from." I haven't called them yet, though, but when I go through the steps to book, again I see "to," not "from." Price-wise it's the same as the ES... pretty much identical, with similar amenities (breakfast, cruise-term parking).

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-jersey/hilton-garden-inn-ridgefield-park-LGARPGI/offers/100077011.htm

The to and from topic was discussed recently for Hilton Gardens and it was confirmed that it is indeed to and from. You can confirm this with the hotel. This is a recent new offering by Hilton Gardens and they don't have their website worded clearly yet.

The route to the port involves using the GW bridge and the Henry Hudson/West Side Highway - a very nice ride into Manhattan that ends right at the Cruiseport. I'm sure the drivers know the the local area and how to sneak onto the Bridge if there is congestion. When we had to deal with the GW on a regular basis, I know we knew all the workarounds. The Lincoln tunnel from Secaucus doesn't have many alternative route options.

Thanks, Schoifmom, but we'll have sailed by then. I still look forward to hearing about your experience! :) I will definitely call the hotel to check but I'd be more comfortable with something in writing, as otherwise the package (without the "from port" part) is about the same as the Embassy Suites and maybe not worth the hassle of booking a new place and canceling there first.

138East, good point about the tunnel versus the GW bridge (we're familiar with the bridge as it's the route we take each year going through NYC en route to MA and VT). We'll definitely take that into consideration. Thanks again for your helpful info.

I am booked at the Garden Inn and they did, indeed, confirm over the telephone that it was round-trip transportation. We sail on Sept 3, so I'll confirm once we return.

Please do tell us of your experience once you return and anything we might need to know. I just booked this same NYC Park, Ride and Cruise rate at Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park for out Oct 17 sailing.

Look forward to hearing from anyone who goes before we do and uses this deal! THANKS in advance!