Winegirl-Cabin 138

Pudgesmom

I noticed you had cabin 138 on the second leg of your cruise. The Windstar brochure indicates that cabin has a third berth. Where is it located?

We'll be sailing in that cabin and #136 in December, and wondered if we could open it so we can all watch a movie together.

Thanks in advance for your answer and any other pertinent info about our location!

Beth:)

We never could figure out how exactly it worked, but we think the fold down berth (at least in cabin 132) was above the desk/dresser/counter area. It looked like cabinets, but the cabinets didn't open, so we guessed that it was a bed that folded down. If you were on the bed there you would not be able to see the TV at all. That's one problem with the new flat screen tvs. They are attached to the wall and are not adjustable/tiltable/swingable. Only place to view is on the bed.

Your boys like to snuggle with mom and dad, right?

If no one here on these boards can give you a definitive answer before we leave, I'll be sure to ask our cabin steward when we're onboard.

Jackie

(just under two weeks to go)

The 3rd berth should be a pullman that comes down from the wall. I'm not sure I have ever seen one but I'm sure it's very well hidden when not in use. like you said, probably looks like an extra cabinent or something like that.

To my knowlege none of the cabins on any of the Windstar ships are connecting cabins, so the wish to watch a movie with the next cabin wouldn't really happen..

have a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay, I have not been looking at the boards for a while.

Cabin 138 had a third berth that must fold out from a storage compartment over the vanity area in the room. Since we did not use it, I have no information on it's accessibility or ability to view T from the 3rd berth.

Archived