SeaDream 2 Atlantic Crossing Review - Fall, 2005

ctbjr1309

So he stayed a couple of days? What did the captain feed him? Where did he hang around on the ship? Generally, the flyways are along the coast, so he must have REALLY been blown off course. The survival rate for juvies is only about 25%, so glad that one made it that far --

Vandrefalk

Hi Vandrefalk -

The captain fed the bird sausages (they were very good and I don't usually like sausage). The first day he stay perched just below the satellites on the top of the "7th deck." On the second day he'd fly off and then come back and return to his perch.

We picked another big old bird that came down and landed on the pole at the back of the ship on the second deck two nights before we landed in Palm Beach. He stayed through dinner, but didn't get fed as far I can tell (or remember -- heavy champagne that night - dinner on deck five with a great group of story tellers) and left that same evening. We made such great progress across the ocean that the last few days we just puttered around, I'm sure within flight distance of land.

About 5 or 6 days out from Tenerife, we picked up a very small and very fragile bird. I'm not sure what happened to him but I don't think he made it. That's the one that we were most suprised at seeing since we weren't near land nor the remnants of Wilma.

FT

Archived