What is there to do with 4 year olds?

mom2kazkids

>>My Dh and I will be cruising in April 2005 with our two 4 year olds. What would be OK to do with them? I was thinking Butterfly Farm, but what else?<<

The Butterfly Farm might provide some pleasure for your kids, but, to be honest, SXM is not Orlando or Myrtle Beach. It is an adult playground. Other than playing in the sand and surf there really isn't much to do to amuse 4 year-olds.
Rick

we were there last week with our 4 year old and 8 year old. Both loved the butterfly farm. If you follow the road that the farm is on until it ends (about one half mile), you come to Le Galion (or something like that) beach, which is gentle and shallow. Our kids loved it

• 3 weeks later...
Mom2kazkids....

I would recommend a 2 hour beach outing. It's so beautiful and you can get some great pictures of them in the blue Caribbean waters...that you cherish forever!

Also, consider this. They are very young. They could be in the children's program all morning and then you could pick them up after lunch and take them to the beach.

This way....you and your husband could have some great, adult time in port...doing something that you could not do with the children being so young.

The cruiseline provides for this service...because they want you to return to their company to cruise again. If you have a really great time...you WILL cruise again.

Just something to think about.

tigercruiser,

How much was the butterfly farm and was the beach easy walking distance. I'm thinking of taking a taxi to the butterfly farm and then staying for the beach. Also can you rent chairs and have drinks/lunch at this beach? Thanks!

This information is fairly current:

[i][b]St. Maarten Zoo and Botanical Garden[/b] is home to plants and animals from the Caribbean and the world. Two walk-through aviaries, a reptile terrarium, bat cave, petting zoo and playground will leave the little ones wide-eyed. The zoo is located in Madame Estate and is open seven days a week, from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children. (Phone 543-2030).[/i]

[i]One of St. Maarten/St. Martin's most unusual attractions is located in Orient Bay. The [b]Butterfly Farm[/b] allows visitors to see hundreds of rare butterflies from around the world in a specially designed butterfly house. There are also guided walking tours and a fascinating presentation about the metamorphosis of the butterfly. Open every day from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with an entrance fee of $12 for adults and $6 for children. (Phone 590-873121).[/i]

From the Butterfly Farm to the [font=Helvetica]Le Galion Beach [/font]is probably a 15 - 20 minute (or less) gentle (flat) walk. The beach has many services. It's perfect for kids. VERY slow gentle slope going out. It's a popular visit for locals on the weekend. They could certainly call a taxi for your trip back to town.

Archived