Don't forget to pack your.......

minnjudy

Doing my fourth cruise in June....with hubby and two sons ages 15 and 20. In the past there have been posts about the one thing you take on your cruise that others may not think of, and why....

Would love a recap of any "helpful hints".

Gotta start making lists.....cant' wait!

RC Nordic Empress 1/92 Bahamas

RC Enchantment W Carib 1/01 Legend to Hawaii 3/03

Next:

Carib Princess E Carib 6/04

Highlighter to mark up the compass so you don't forget about an activitiy you wanted to see.

Post-it notes

Duct Tape

Air Freshener

Small First Aid kit

Zip lock bags

Photo Copies of Credit Cards - just in case

Business Cards for new friends

Sun Screen - very expensive on board

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;26;17;1;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 6/26/04

Insulated mug for coffee or whatever. I hate those little cups they give you on the ships. Seems I was always running out of something to drink.

a 12 pack of my favorite soda.

a over the door shoe holder to keep all our bathroom stuff up and out of the way.

A underwater camera.

I take a disposable camera which i use to take pictures of all "my" staff during the week. I get the camera developed hile onboard and on the last night i give the people thier pictures in a thank you card so they have something to send to their families.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Don't forget your small ziploc type bags to take food on shore. Don't forget a small tote type bag to take everything (sunglasses, book, sunscreen, etc.) to the pool with you.

For my husband, don't forget to pack the dark socks to go with your suit!

Also don't forget you 'essential' kit: tylenol, mylanta, bandaids, first aid cream, lip balm, aloe gel for sunburn, etc. It only becomes 'essential' if you don't have it with you!

7/02 NCL Wind - Alaska (honeymoon)

7/03 NCL Star -Hawaii (1st anniversary)

10/04 RCI Legend - Panama Canal (just because it's there)

when i pack, i usually pack TOO much because i get TOO excited......

the only thing we forgot last year was googles (for swimming under water in the pool) because if you don't have googles your eyes get all salt water in it. salt water HURTS in your eyes.... i've had it in my eyes before.....

although..... about 4 years ago my mom forgot to bring a tooth brush...... you should ALWAYS make sure you got EVERYTHING!! because if you get on the cruise for a toothbrush it could cost like $10 instead of $3 at home lol..... i know.

Krystle

<table border=0 cellpadding=4 bgcolor=yellow><tr><td>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;7;11;00;00;00&timezone=GMT+0700

</td></tr></table>

</center> til i board mariner of the seas on royal caribbean on july 11, 2004.

i have been on a cruise every year since i have been 6 months old. i was born on january 1, 1989.

• 2 weeks later...

After consulting the Ultimate packing list and these message boards before many times before packing the one thing that I would have liked to of had was my swimming goggles. Didn't want a whole snorkle setup, but would have liked to seem some underwater life at the beach.

My DH forgot his sunglasses on our last cruise. He ended up buying a pair on the ship for $25.00! icon_eek.gif

Also, we got rained on while shopping in Cosumel. Next time we're buying a couple of those dollar store ponchos to keep in the backpack (which BTW is a great way to stash all your goodies while in port!) Everytime we made a purchase...my DH would turn around so I could load the backpack! Even had a bottle of Khalua in there! icon_biggrin.gif

Sophie

Counting down the days till we sail the Rhapsody! 12-5-04

Take an extension cord with multiple outlets or better yet, a power strip and a mini sewing kit and duct tape.

Sheila

Link to Denise's Grandeur Album http://members5.clubphoto.com/denise347521/1992824/owner-241b.phtml

Til the Grandeur of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;1;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Til the Regal to Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;8;14;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Regal Princess 11/03

Summit 10/02

Enchantment of the Seas 09/01

jamminlion- your mention of the mens black dress socks reminded me of our first cruise when we forgot his black dress socks. He ended up pulling on our 12 yr old daughters little black socks to get him through the evening. After dinner we went straight back to the cabin so that he could get the socks off and we had to almost grease his foot to pry them off. We changed and started walking around the ship ( we hadn't taken time to do that yet) and we came upon the ships boutiques and noticed a basketful of black dress socks on sale for $1.00 per pair. We were real newbies and didn't know they sold things like that. We still laugh about the sock ordeal. It's the first item now on the top of my hubbys clothes list for cruising.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

Hi cruisers,

These things I'll never forget to take on a cruise, I learned from these boards before we went on our first cruise.

Bubble wrap- easy to pack and ideal to wrap the souveniers we brought back in the extra bag we packed too.

Sports bottles with wide mouth-our steward always had ice in our cabin, so we filled the bottles with ice and then water for our shore excursions or to the pool.

Lanyards for our Sea Pass. We went to the Guest Relations desk and they punched a hole in the Sea Pass for us. It was nice to not have to worry about bringing a wallet, or laying the pass down somewhere. My DH would sometimes hook our digital camera to the lanyard too.

For shore excursions which were water related, we had the small credit card sized waterproof ID & money holders. They had holes in the top and the lanyard hooked right to them. We didn't need to worry about taking a wallet.

8X10 manila envelope. We had the kind that was padded for mailing. We put all of our pictures, post cards, ect. in it and they were wrinkle free when we got home.

We put our dress clothes in a garmet bag. We covered a few items together in dry cleaner bags. They amazingly kept the clothes wrinkle free.

We had a backpack which had 2 side pockets which held our water bottles. It had an outside pocket which was good for the camera or anything you wanted to get at quickly. A larger inside pocket for souveniers, towels, extra clothing, ect. It worked great for the ports.

Clothes pins. We would lay our swimsuits on our balcony chairs. It gets windy on the balconies. We would secure the clothing with clothes pin which worked great.

Enjoy your cruise! jannyb

Voyager 3/21/04

One cruise down, can't wait for the next one!

Archived