Dress code?

Dats2Cute

Hi
June 12th will be the first time i ever went on a cruise. Im going to be going on the Empress of the Seas(formally nordic empress) A 8 night cruise to Bermuda. Do you have to go to formal dinner's? Do they expect you to dress up at all? I really am not one for putting on a cocktail dress and feeling comfortable lol or a pant suit. Im just curious about all this.

If you're looking for the best information about a specific ship or cruiseline, you're most likely to get that by asking your question on the message board here at Cruise Critic dedicated to that Cruiseline.

Good luck!

Check out the fashion boards but the only thing you have to do is go to muster. That's the safety drill on the 1st day to tell you how to get in the lifeboats.

The dress code is suggested but you'll find most people want to comply. That's part of the fun of cruising -- getting dressed up.

You can opt out of formal night but if you do, you may not be welcome in the main dining room for dinner. There are lots of other places to get something to eat: the buffet, room service, etc.

My suggestion is always the same. Stick to your game plan, but pack something that qualifies as formal. When you get there & see everyone else dressed up you may want to get into the spirit of things. If you didn't bring anything you may be hard pressed to find something last minute on ship. If it's in your cabin you can chose to wear it or not.

Trish

Archived