Best Time To Take A Panama Canal Cruise ????

D97062262

Help.... We are planning to take a Panama Canal cruise, but we really need advice as to which month is the best time to go. We can go any month. If anyone out there can give us some advice we would appreciate it. We thought about early December, but we want to make the best choice. We really don't want to go in the rainy season, or when seas or rough or choppy. Can you please advise us ? Also, we would like to get an opinon on which cruiseline to use.

We were on Celebrity Horizon in late November last year. It was called an ultimate Caribbean so we did not go through the Canal. Instead, we docked in Colon and hired a cab to see the canal, what had been the military base and the city. It was wonderful. Those going through the canal remain on the ship and are limited to their time on shore so you may want to consider that. Shopping in Colon 2000 was quite good.

Weather wise, we did experience rain in Roatan but, still had some breaks in the weather so we enjoyed fishing and snorkeling. The temperature was comfortable, my family and I did not experience any trouble with insects, and the seas were fine.

You might want to search on "find" for reviews on those cruises you are considering.

Good luck in your search!

We were on the Coral Princess just this last Feb. and the weather was perfect. We did not have any humid days and that was what I was concerned about. There was just a couple of days where the water was little rocky but not bad Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Best time is as soon as possible icon_smile.gif

We've been thru the canal twice-once on Legend of the Seas in November and once on Dawn Princessin October. Both were fantastic cruises. It is just so unbelievable that the Canal was built almost 100 years ago.

Elise

7/11 Pride Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;07;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hi,

Predicting the weather might be a little tricky......we did two partial crosings (few years ago) in mid of December and it was fine ....a little rain but nothing major.

The last full tansit, we did in the beginning of April, and the weather was just perfect.

Wes

We went through from Pacific to Atlantic in Oct and the opposite direction in Nov (different years) both trips were memorable and though we had a bit of rain in Gatun Lake it was not a real bother. We were told it rains almost every day in the lake??? No problem though.

Enjoy and Happy Sails icon_cool.gif

The Humidity down there is usually high, therefore chance of rain is high. I went in Nov 2002, full transit. It rained in the late afternoon for maybe 10 mins, it was warm and dried fast. This is a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Archived