houston-galveston transfer

prg909

The amtrak station is in the center of Downtown Houston. You could catch a taxi to Hobby airport and grab a shuttle of limo from there. The airport is south of downtown or you could as Zy said rent a car though I don't know how far it is for a rental storefront. Notoriuously the amtrak stations are in the seedy part of town. One other suggestion is to go to the nearest hotel and get a shuttle from there. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Wait if you put in Galveston on the amtrak site there is a bus that leaves galveston and takes passengers to the texas eagle and sunset limited so I would think it should run both ways. Might be worth a phone call. If you can get a bus to galveston it is not a large city at all and a taxi from the bus stop to port would not cost much at all.

Call Action Limo Service at 1-800-SEND LIMO.

They have all kinds of vehicles in their fleet. They are reasonably priced and can arrange to transport you to and from your destination.

I've used their service for many years. Doesn't have to be a "limo"...can be a van, town car, or other vehicle, depending on your needs.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived