Voyage Numbers

CruiseFever

Probably easy question for somebody:

What is the significance of the voyage numbers on Princess?

Like our Caribbean Princess sailing in June is B427 and our Star Princess sailing in October is 9424....do those numbers/letters mean anything?

Thanks!

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

Yes, there is a system. The first position identifies the ship, the second position is the year, and the last two the identifies the specific cruise numbered consecutively by end date of the cruise. So 9424 means the 24th cruise terminating in 2004 on ship 9.

Our 12/23/03 cruise on Coral was 6401 - the 1st cruise terminating in 2004 on ship 6 (Coral).

Other than Coral being 6, the only other one I know (from personal experience) is Dawn is ship D.

-- Larry

Seaward 12/90

Southward 12/92

Sky Princess 5/93

Dawn Princess 6/01

Coral Princess 12/24/02 Cancelled

Coral Princess 12/23/03

Chris, what date in October are you sailing on the Star?

7 Days on The Star Princess OCTOBER,24,2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=24>

<param name="hour" value=05>

</applet>

Sue- 10/24/04! I think we'll be seeing you?

Larry-

So this sailing 9424 is

On the 9th ship in the fleet, the voyage is in 2004 and this is the 24th sailing of this ship since it was launched?

Is that right?

If that's right does someone have a list of all the ships and/or specs on each one?

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Star Princess 10/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

Kool. You picked a good ship for the girls if they are going. The Star has the largest kids and teen zone in the fleet. It is located aft on the sun deck. Check out the deck plans. this time you won't have to find stuff. it is a duplicate of the Golden, with subtle differences.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

</applet>

The Sun Princess voyages begin with "S".

The Golden Princess begins with "5"

The Grand is "A"

The Royal is "1"

The Regal is "G"

The Caribbean is "B"

The Island is "2"

The Diamond is "M"

The Sapphire is "H"

The Tahitian is "T"

The Pacific is "K"

icon_eek.gif

Grand Princess Transatlantic - August 27, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;27;21;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> On the 9th ship in the fleet, the voyage is in 2004 and this is the 24th sailing of this ship since it was launched? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I think it means the 24th sailing that ends in 2004.

-------------------------

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

Cruisenliz, what is the Star?

</applet>

Thank you. Sorry.

</applet>

CruisingIsLife,

We are so envious that you have 2 future cruises booked. Maybe if we had your money we could cruise more often!!!

Seriously, have a great time -- tell Whitney we loved meeting her & hope she has especially awesome voyage.

Ken & Nancy dog1.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CruisingIsLife:

Larry-

So this sailing 9424 is

On the 9th ship in the fleet, the voyage is in 2004 and this is the 24th sailing of this ship since it was launched?

Is that right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite. 24th sailing ending in 2004. A sailing stating in 2003 and ending in 2004 (such as Coral's 12/23/03 to 1/2/04 that we were on) is x401.

Also, 9 is the code letter for Star. It doesn't mean it's the ninth ship, just that 9 is the character assigned. As someone else posted, some ships code character is a letter.

The cruise before yours in 9423 and the one after 9425.

-- Larry

Seaward 12/90

Southward 12/92

Sky Princess 5/93

Dawn Princess 6/01

Coral Princess 12/24/02 Cancelled

Coral Princess 12/23/03

Ken & Nancy

Well see I have this new plan.

Instead of bringing the whole circus along on each cruise its me and one other family member for what I will call the "Quality Time Series". It was Whitney and I on that Golden cruise with you last month. In June it will be Sydney (the other DD) and I on the CP then Lisa (DW) and I will have our first ever cruise alone and not during peak pay time in October. To complete the series we will all be reunited in December for our traditional holiday cruise.

The fact that I have split them up and they can not gang up on me is a cleverly calculated survival tactic. The fact that I get to cruise more is a MERE COINCIDENCE. Plus, this way there's somebody home to take care of the dogs.

Sue- Great, I finally hit the jackpot on kids stuff and they'll all be at home!

CruzinLiz- thanks so much for the list- I am trying really hard to see a pattern. Have you seen that movie "A Perfect Mind" with Russell Crowe? I do NOT feel like him right now.

Anybody- Is bdjam right? Is that the 24th sailing of the year? That thought crossed my otherwise confused mind but that would mean there would have had to be some longer sailings earlier in the year. Isn't that ship positioned doing an Australian run in the winter? Could that account for our October sailing being "24"?

I want to know way too much don't I?

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Star Princess 10/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

CruisingIsLife,

From a woman's point of view... YOU ARE NOT BEING FAIR!

Lisa, your DW, is stuck holding down the fort & doing all the work at home while you're off gallivanting on the high seas. (And having a grand old time being spoiled & pampered while you are at it.)

I think Lisa should assert herself and demand a "girls only" cruise where you stay home & slave away at all the daily household tasks. Actually, maybe she should be entitled to 3 of these "retreats"... one with her & Whitney; one with her & Sydney; and one with her & both girls. Now that would be a plan for the "Quality Time Series".

To enhance the mother/daughter bonding experience: you must willingly & cheerfully relinquish to them, for their unlimited use, the credit card with the highest available balance. The lady loves of your life could splurge on whatever indulgences peaked their fancy & thus would enable them to truly benefit from their experiences together.

Of course, strictly in the interest of inquiring minds, Lisa would be obligated to post a journalistic review of each cruise & her adventures during the voyage. Covered topics to be addressed are issues such as shopping, shore excursions, spa treatments, & ship amenities/service/food from the female perspective. Now that is a posting we would all love to read!

It would be a tough research assignment for Lisa but I'm sure she could find it in her heart to do it for your daughters & her C.C. family!

Nancy dog1.gif

• 2 years later...

Archived