Question about Air Deviation

DaHuckster

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't find it using the search. If you irginally book your air w/ Princess when booking your cruise and you later decide to cancel the air and book your own, does the $75 air deviation fee apply?

Thanks,

Mark

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;9;4;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

No, you should not have to pay the deviation fee IF you have not asked Princess for an air deviation. Last summer we had planned to go on TP and asked for a deviation to allow us to fly on ATN, but later switched our cruise to the Grand. We still had to pay the deviation fee.

Monarch 11/97

Elation 8/98

Mercury 8/00

Maasdam 7/02

Grand Princess 7/03

Island Princess 7/04

Once the deviation fee is paid the money has been spent. Regardless if you use it or not. Words for the wise...

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05

Dawn Princess - 10/04

Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)

Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)

Island Princess - 05/04

Grand Princess - 10/03

Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)

Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

I ran into this recently - I booked an air deviation for this summer to Europe and cancelled the cruise. Princess keeps the $75 deviation fee but does not charge you for any additional costs for the price of the flight (mine was an extra $20 or something like that).

Yes! Right after we booked, one of our travelling companions mentioned that we should have arranged to stay a few days after the cruise instead of coming directly home. We were charged the deviation fee (times 5 travellers) even though it was 8 months in advance of the trip and nothing was produced except a computer print out!

Southern on Dawn Princess Feb 28, 2005

Grand Princess Feb 15/04

Archived