Ft. Lauderdale Question - Help Please!

Bucky3

A good choice is Springhill Suites (a Marriott property) in Dania Beach which is not very far from the port. We cruised on the Coral last spring and left our car parked in the lot for ten days...no charge. They also have a free shuttle to the pier.

We stayed at the Amerisuites last year and left our car for the entire week without any problems. They are close to the cruise port and offer free shuttle service to and from. Breakfast buffet was good too. I would stay there again but would probably use priceline to book next time.

1997 Majesty of the Seas

1998 Sovereign of the Seas

2000 Radiance of the Seas

2003 Grandeur of the Seas

Another Ft. Lauderdale question....

any suggestion of what my family (me, husb, and two sons 15-20) can do the day we disembark?

Our flight isn't till about 5 PM. Is the Everglade Princess excursion worth the price? or is there a fun thing we could do by taxi? Can we check our luggage at the airport and then leave for awhile? Any suggestions would be welcome.

RC Nordic Empress 1/92 Bahamas

RC Enchantment W Carib 1/01 Legend to Hawaii 3/03

Next:

Carib Princess E Carib 6/04

To answer MinnJudy question we ended up getting a room for a 1/2 day rate at Amerisuites and relaxed by the pool until we headed to the airport. It was great and we even had free shuttle service from the pier to the hotel and hotel to the airport, except for the tips of course. icon_wink.gif Enjoy.

Debbie

Carnival Destiny 2/8/04

Grand Princess 7/6/03

RCL - Nordic Empress 2/03 & 4/02

Crown Dynasty 7/00

Queen of Bermuda 7/87

Carnival - Mardi Gras 11/75

For tons of info on Ft. Lauderdale, including which places have free parking, try http://www.biddingfun.com/. I have used it, and the biddinghelp site (I was intimidated using priceline or hotwire, and the biddinghelp site did it for me) Both have saved me lots of money as well as provided a wealth of info.

Enjoy the Cruise!!

WazAnOkie

Grand Princess 10/03/98

Carnival Triumph 11/02/02

Coral Princess 09/30/03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> any suggestion of what my family (me, husb, and two sons 15-20) can do the day we disembark?

Our flight isn't till about 5 PM. Is the Everglade Princess excursion worth the price <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a word: Yes

The Everglades Airboat And Florida Gardens/ Wildlife Sanctuary tour lasts about 4 hours and is intended for passengers with flights after 2pm.

I think it's a wonderful way to get off the ship and make the transition to the real world. Unless we have an early flight we try really hard to do one of these post-cruise tours.

On this one you'll go on an airboat ride then stop at the Flamingo Gardens where you'll ride a tram around and see the sites. There's a gift shop and restaurant you can grab lunch at if you like too. This one does not come up on the cruise personalizer because you can only book it onboard your ship.

The main reason we booked one of these (on another line) the first time was because we didn't know what we'd do with our luggage if we, say, went to the beach. Unless you have a really late flight taking it to the airport, checking it and then going back out to do something is really not very time-efficient. With this they tote your luggage around in the bottom of the bus until they deposit you at FLL.

Hope this helps

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival Victory 12/19/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucky3:

We will be driving to Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone know of a hotel/cruise package that allows you to leave car at the hotel during cruise week?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>We booked our hotel and airfare ourselves and saved alot of $$$. we are staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 about a mile from the Port...We paid 139 for a gorgeous King room (4 1/2 star rating).....

Pete...

Archived