SeaDream II has a big hole in the schedule

rickandpat

We're thinking of our first SD for next winter, and I couldn't help but notice a huge hole in the schedule, from mid-Feb. to the end of April. Are they saving all that time for charters? (Better that than letting people sign up and bump them.) If I keep looking, might they add a public sailing to some of these weeks? I'm thinking March might be a little smoother water than the end of Jan. (we're looking at Puerto Rico/BVI/St. Barts, that area), though I could be mistaken about that.

Pat

That is interesting ...

I know that the hole in the schedule in November-December is because of charters.

PURE SPECULATION .... I am wondering if they are thinking of moving SD2 to the South America route based on bookings for that time period ... or if they are still negotiating with port agency.

Perhaps someone who is cruising in the next couple of weeks (hint Ctbjr) can ask one of the CDs or Captains what they know:D

You know, DJ, I believe that I can answer that now. I inquired (at your behest, if I recall correctly) back in January while onboard SD1 and my recollection is that SD2 has been chartered by a large worldwide media conglomerate for use during the 2007 Cricket World Cup. How's that for quick work?

Packed??? I do know that you jest. We don't leave home until tomorrow afternoon. I'll be packing tonight between 8:00 and 8:15 and Mrs. CTBjr will no doubt choose the 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM packing window tonight/tomorrow morning.

I know that you would expect nothing less.

Archived