special requests

jetstorm

I know this has been posted before but I don't where so I'll ask again, what kind of special requests do you make before or during your cruise for your cabin, such as a foam mattress pad? How do you request such items?

• 3 weeks later...

OK... Some folks on these boards have said they will need extra pillows, blankets, etc. However, there are usually extras to be found in the closets. If not, ask the cabin steward.

Extra ice - Available simply by asking the steward. He will refill your ice bucket twice a day anyway. Most stewards are off-duty from noon-5pm, and during those hours, extra ice can be gotten from room service, although I always ask my steward where the nearest ice machine is, and get my own if needed.

Extra amenities in the bathroom - If you like a particular item(s) of the samples, ask the steward. He will bring more for you if they are available.

If you want a coupla extra mints on your pillow every evening, just ask. I don't know what else anyone could ask for - but I'm sure there are more...?

• 2 weeks later...

Our "standard" requests:

1) Extension cord (for my wife's CPAP -- sleep maching)

2) Distilled water for above

3) Replace chairs on verandah with lounge chairs

4) Extra bottled water and remove the robes and soap, shampoo, etc.

The first three are requested before the cruise; the last one we request from the cabin stward(ess).

So far we have a perfect record of NEVER having the lounge chairs ready for us. However, the deck crew knows my wife and as soon as they see her, the chairs are delivered without even asking them. This is Crystal, by the way.

Paul

Archived