A few questions

mariners

We fly out of here a month today for our Tenerife to Rio de Janeiro cruise on SeaDream 1:) ! When should we receive our documents from SeaDream? Does SeaDream typically include information on ports/shore excursions in the packet? If they do, do they include docking/anchoring information, and is the information a paragraph long or detailed enough that one can make independent shore excursion plans? Is there an umbrella in the cabin, or should I take one?

A question for anyone flying out of Rio to Sao Paulo who was initially booked on a code share with Varig and whose flight no longer exists, or anyone else who might know the answer. We have been told by our travel agent that the flight is "Varig protected" and not to worry that we currently have not been given new flight information. Have you been told the same information from your travel agent? Have you been given new flights? Should we be worried?

Thanks for answers to any of the questions!

mariners

We fly out of here a month today for our Tenerife to Rio de Janeiro cruise on SeaDream 1:) ! When should we receive our documents from SeaDream? Does SeaDream typically include information on ports/shore excursions in the packet? If they do, do they include docking/anchoring information, and is the information a paragraph long or detailed enough that one can make independent shore excursion plans? Is there an umbrella in the cabin, or should I take one?

A question for anyone flying out of Rio to Sao Paulo who was initially booked on a code share with Varig and whose flight no longer exists, or anyone else who might know the answer. We have been told by our travel agent that the flight is "Varig protected" and not to worry that we currently have not been given new flight information. Have you been told the same information from your travel agent? Have you been given new flights? Should we be worried?

Thanks for answers to any of the questions!

mariners

We are on the SD2 crossing from Tenerife to San Juan that leaves 1 day after you do. I understand that my travel agent has received my cruise docs so I expect that yours should be in your hands very soon.

The packet will include detailed information about available shore excursions and does specify whether the ship will be anchored or docked. I believe that the information also indicates where the ship will be docked or anchored. I have found the information to include as much information as I need or want. Not sure what you mean though about whether it's detailed enough that one can make independent shore excursion plans.

I believe that there is an umbrella in the cabin. If not, they are available on the ship and they'll be available as you disembark. The reason I'm not clear on that is that I can count on one hand the number of days that I've been on SD and needed an umbrella.

Can't answer the Varig question. Good luck with that.

Have a great trip.

Thank you, ctbjr1309! Hope we have weather as good as you have experienced in the past! I've picked up travel guides, and read material on "the net", but past experience has taught me that information provided by the cruise line can be more relevant for a "few hours" in port. It sounds like SeaDream provides that material.

Can't wait to get our tickets! I'll have to wait a couple of days as this is our Thanksgiving. Hope you have a great trip, too!

mariners

Archived