Horse drawn carriage ride

blambition

We have just come back and I wanted to pass along the info on the horse drawn carriage ride. We hired the man in Hamilton who had a large rig and it was pulled by two chestnut (brown) horses with flaxen manes (blond). We only paid $40.00 for about 50 minutes and he did tell us that the cruise lines charged $40.00 per person for the same tour. There was four of us in his rig. I believe you could have fit 5 to 6 people. He was a much older gentleman and gave a great tour. The other thing we did was that we happened to take our tour after dark which made it magical. It was a very special part of our trip. We own horses and ride several times a week so I really did not expect this to be such a treat but I think where he took us and the stories he told along with the fact it was nighttime all made it so special. I highly suggest you do this especially with a loved one.

I believe the other company that cost much more was Shiloh as I picture that name on the back of their rigs. I would look for the gentleman that did our tour or at least check prices before you set off. Also be aware that the man that did ours only works his team of horses three days a week and we did it on a Tues. and we were his last of the night which I believe we were finished about 8:30pm

Vicki

So glad you posted this. We leave on sunday and I've been reading up on doing this. I love the night time as well, more romantic.......... Do you have his name ? Where abouts did you pick him up once off the ship? This is our first time in bermuda so we'll be a bit lost !

Thanks for any more info you can offer.

ps.... anything else you did that you'd like to pass along would be a great help?

Yes, thanks for the info. We're planning to do a carriage ride in St. George's, but if it's bad weather or we miss the port then it's in Hamilton...during the day. Do you remember his name? I'm sure we could find him from the details, though!

This year we had planned on taking a horse and buggy trip around St. George...we had done it previously in Hamilton.. But outside the dock in St. George is now a new trolley (not advertised by NCL Majesty BTW) who does a great trip around St. George...with great commentary...his name is Eugene and it's an hour tour.. We found it alot of fun..Ithink it was $25.00 a person.. This tour can take place in the rain too.. he has clear vinyl shades

We picked him up right on Front street and happened to ask him before he got back to the actual place where the horses rest so we were his next customers. I'm sorry but I don't know his name I wish I did however I think you will be able to figure out which one he is since his rig is bigger than the others if he is there that day and he is a much older gentleman with a heavy accent.

We were also able to arrage the same Jesse James snorkle trip that our ship offered just we paid $65.00 instead of $80.00 by going to the tourist office and they called for us and set it up. You can email them ahead of time and set it up then you meet them in front of the flagpole right next to the Zenith. Again same tour just you save money. Most of the time if you are interested in a tour you can do them on your own for less.

We went to Tobacco Bay in St. George for a half day which was a $5.00 or $6.00 taxi ride from the Zenith and you could rent snorkle equipment for $10.00 or $20.00 if you wanted the fins. The also had chairs ets. great cove and beach area and remeinded me of being in the movie Cocktail with the little hut. Bathrooms and changing area. Drink and fries were $5.00 really nice beach. We did not rent anything just laid around and soaked up the sun.

Be sure to check out AS Cooper in Hamilton for bargains on clothes and jewelry as I got great buys!!!! Sales rack had blouses for $10.00 and $15.00 and beautiful necklace and earring for formal night (choker) $25.00

Vicki

• 3 weeks later...

We ended up missing St. George's but took the bus there from Hamilton and did take the carriage ride. Our driver was John, with two gray horses, Prince and Diane (big, Percheron mixes). Very nice tour, $40 for 4 adults. He took us out to Tobacco Bay, Ft. St. Catherine's, etc. and around St. George's town.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the carriage ride in St. Georges - and it was very nice and informative. We did it through the cruiseline and yes - we paid a lot more! The only reason we did it through the cruise line was because when we were there a year before - we couldn't hire a carriage privately since the cruiseline had already hired them and were fully booked. It is a nice experience though and Highly recommended.

We ALSO did the Train/Trolley. That was VERY nice and Very Informative. Well worth the $25.00 per person - just not as romantic!! Very scenic though - don't forget your camera!

• 3 years later...
We picked him up right on Front street and happened to ask him before he got back to the actual place where the horses rest so we were his next customers. I'm sorry but I don't know his name I wish I did however I think you will be able to figure out which one he is since his rig is bigger than the others if he is there that day and he is a much older gentleman with a heavy accent.

We were also able to arrage the same Jesse James snorkle trip that our ship offered just we paid $65.00 instead of $80.00 by going to the tourist office and they called for us and set it up. You can email them ahead of time and set it up then you meet them in front of the flagpole right next to the Zenith. Again same tour just you save money. Most of the time if you are interested in a tour you can do them on your own for less.

We went to Tobacco Bay in St. George for a half day which was a $5.00 or $6.00 taxi ride from the Zenith and you could rent snorkle equipment for $10.00 or $20.00 if you wanted the fins. The also had chairs ets. great cove and beach area and remeinded me of being in the movie Cocktail with the little hut. Bathrooms and changing area. Drink and fries were $5.00 really nice beach. We did not rent anything just laid around and soaked up the sun.

Be sure to check out AS Cooper in Hamilton for bargains on clothes and jewelry as I got great buys!!!! Sales rack had blouses for $10.00 and $15.00 and beautiful necklace and earring for formal night (choker) $25.00

Vicki

Hi: Thinking of the Carriage Ride in Hamilton from Front Street! Will they take just the of us? What would that rate be for about an hour's tour around? NCL is $45 p/p for about 1 hour..I think that's a bit too much for us, sorry to say.

Would enjoy it more for about $20+ p/p !!! Did you tip extra?

Thanks in advance for your help. Much appreciated.

Stay safe.

We took one from St Georges last month. Johnny is the best. He took us out for over an hour. It was only $10 pp. You can find him between the white horse tavern restaurant and the gift shop at the end of the street. He gave lots of information and showed us beautiful flowers along the way.

We took one from St Georges last month. Johnny is the best. He took us out for over an hour. It was only $10 pp. You can find him between the white horse tavern restaurant and the gift shop at the end of the street. He gave lots of information and showed us beautiful flowers along the way.

oh my gosh...this is the carriage ride we did in June and he was great..He was standing to the right off the platform where you exit the ferry in St. George's. He stopped and picked herbs ad flowers..he took us to parts of St. George's we had never been to. It was supposed to be 45 min utes and it was 1 hour and 15 minutes and we ended in the square. He holds a sign and his carriage seats like 6 and it's burgundy..you have to do this..:)

• 2 months later...

Archived