What is the strangest thing you found left in your room?

imdelightful2

This goes back to when I emigrated to Canada in 1955. I was on the S.S. Homeric, a very nice little ship, free wine at lunch and dinner, drinks 10c Canadian, whiskey, rum, or gin.

When I had finished packing at Quebec, I pulled the draws out of the dresser, and discovered quite a quantity of full scent bottles behind each one. I suspected the cabin steward of doing a little smuggling on the side!

In many ways it was the best 'cruise' that I ever had, the bar would close at 2.00am, but we were sailing west, so, clocks went back an hour at this time each night, so we had another hour of fun.

As a footnote Homeic 1. burst her boilers in '72, her replacement Homeric 2. was purchased by Holland America, and renamed Westerdam. I sailed on her to Alaska before HAL sold her in or about 2000. She was the ship featured in the movie 'Out to Sea' with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau.

Do I take first prize?:) john

• 1 month later...

We found a note taped to one of the life jackets. It was from the last passenger, telling us that our cabin steward would be awful, and not to tip him. We kept the note, and waited a couple of days before showing it to the cabin stwerd, who was GREAT, BTW. Come to find out, the former passenger was mad because the cabin steward wouldn't let her stay in the room for the lifeboat drill..............and fussed about it the whole trip...............

A friend of mine missed his flight to San Diego, through no fault of his, so HAL flew he and his wife to Cabo San Lucus, and put him in a hotel on the second floor, to await the ship. He drew the blinds back on the balcony, to find a native Mexican asleep in one of the chairs!

john

We found a note taped to one of the life jackets. It was from the last passenger, telling us that our cabin steward would be awful, and not to tip him. We kept the note, and waited a couple of days before showing it to the cabin stwerd, who was GREAT, BTW. Come to find out, the former passenger was mad because the cabin steward wouldn't let her stay in the room for the lifeboat drill..............and fussed about it the whole trip...............

while this wasn't a very nice thing to do, I really like the idea of leaving a note for the next cruisers to wish them lots of fun on their trip. I think I will be doing that on my next journey.

It wasn't really strange but on the last day when we were checking the cabin to make sure we hadn't left anything, I found a new evening purse that someone had purchased on the ship. It still had the price tag on it ($10). It was up in the life jacket shelf. I'm taking it on my next cruise!:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, while looking for an electrical outlet my dh found a pair of women's panties behind the bedside table. Needless to say we left them there and asked the room steward to dispose of them. :rolleyes:

A thong in the safe.....

now that would be hard to explain to my wife! especially if those would have been missed on the first day.....I would be in the cabin Stewards room the rest of the cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

This was not something I found as such, but half way through my 2005 cruise, I went back to my cabin and found an envelope with a 20 Euro note and a note saying "thanks". :confused: About a week later, I got another note, giving me the correct room number. So I went round and posted the money under the right door. :)

• 2 months later...

This happened on a land vacation. A friend had booked us into the honeymoon suite at his employee rate because they were out of town. I had to leave first, so DH was stuck in the room on his own for 2 days. He pulled out the drawer, to find two skin magazines hidden under the telephone book.... one with ladies and another with men. Quite a surprise for the honeymoon suite!

Archived