Room Service On Final Night Of A Cruise

CruiserEK

I make it a ritual on the last evening of every cruise(mainly Carnival) to stuff myself or with other freinds or relatives with food ordered from the room service menu. Last cruise we ordered so much food that they had to deliver it by cart!:D Does anyone else out there peform this ritual?

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting...I never tried stuffing food on last day of the cruise. I manage

to get enough food during the cruise.:eek: I do like to order room service almost as a wake up call. Two pots of Coffee, order of sweet rolls & some fruit, then go for a walk, before sitting down to a late breakfast.

• 2 months later...

Did it last year for the first. We were on the NCL Dream and had an early flight out of Houston back to CA. We knew we wouldn't have time to stop for lunch, so the night before I ordered sandwiches from room service to take on the plane. It worked great and saved us from starving!:D

have never tried room service on the ship.. may have to this next week on Rhapsody.. sounds like a good idea... but we do enjoy going to the dining room every morning for breakfast.. you get to meet lots of different people which can for the most part be enjoyable....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
. We knew we wouldn't have time to stop for lunch, so the night before I ordered sandwiches from room service to take on the plane.

I guess you aren't aware of the law...:confused: No food is to be brought back into the U.S.

IF the customs officers saw the food, it would have been taken from you. It's a shame the drug-sniffing dogs aren't also trained to sniff out food.

all this extra food are there extra charges ? is it a good idea to order sanwiches and take with you on private shore excursions ?:confused:

There is no charge for food delivered by room service; however, it's a nice gesture to tip the delivery person $1-2 each time.

As far as taking food off the ship at port.....BIG no-no. Most all the islands have laws preventing any food items coming onto the island. Could devastate their ecosystem. We, as visitors, should respect their laws.

I realize you don't know, and that's why you're asking.:) It's ok to take pre-packaged items like packages of crackers, bags of chips, energy bars, etc., as long as they haven't been opened before leaving the ship....not in ziplok bags, only packaged by the manufacturer.

You can do it either way. They will have a charge form with them, and will give you a copy - "o" charge - that you'll need to sign...just verifying that you did receive your order. You CAN add the tip to that if you prefer not using cash.

I just find it easy to hand them a buck or two, as I keep a small stack of ones in the dresser drawer.:)

Thanks. We were in our room one time when our luggage was delivered and the stewards (2) made a comment because we had a lot. We should have tipped them at the time, but were simply clueless. It was our first cruise, and we were overwhelmed. I appreciate the heads up and will bring a stack of ones for those small, unforseen, opportunities. We haven't ordered room service on our previous two cruises. Perhaps this time......

We don't do this on the last night, but in Bermuda we had one morning where it worked to do room service. We had an early tee time and we had to be out to the bus before the breakfast buffet or the formal dining room opened. We were on Celebrity Zenith and the fun thing was that we could order on our tv. So we picked up our remote the night before and went through and made all our selections. We requested to receive the meal between 6 and 6:30 am. It promptly came at 6:15, was delicious and well worth the effort it took to order it.

Archived